Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#226370 - 02/07/08 02:50 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
MikeTV Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
....why did I decide to sell my E-60... here are some of my deciding factors...

... the lack of the mic input necessitates carrying a mixer with effects..and if I needed the harmonizer...another piece of equipment..

The lack of audio inputs [for a laptop], also necessitates the mixer..

Not having a dig, Fran, but wouldn't two minutes reading the E-60 brochure have made it apparent that the instrument did not have these features, and that it would therefore not meet your personal requirements?

I wouldn't have thought that you needed to go to all the trouble of buying one for these points not to be blinding obvious.

As a comparison, I cannot get on with pitch and mod wheels, much prefering a lever instead. As a result, a Tyros will never be on my shopping list as, despite its many undoubted vitues, I know I will never get on with its pitch wheel. I don't see much point in buying one just to confirm what I already know.

When you start looking at a potential new instrument, don't you have a list of 'must have' features to check against? If you did, surely the E-60 would have failed to pass the check list.

Regards - Mike

#226371 - 02/07/08 03:26 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
OK I have an IDEA!

BTW, this is meant in fun guys LAUGH!

I think the Big 3 on SZ should form a new reality TV show.

Lock them up in George Kaye's store for 3 weeks with ALL available keyboards to play. First one out with ONE keyboard WINS!!

Take out food only NO SZ of course!

It could be called?

'BIG Arranger showdown' or
'Keyboards WIN or LOSE'

I would watch it!

LOL!!!

-Linda

#226372 - 02/07/08 06:00 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeTV:
Not having a dig, Fran, but wouldn't two minutes reading the E-60 brochure have made it apparent that the instrument did not have these features, and that it would therefore not meet your personal requirements?

Education is what you get from reading the brochures.

Experience is what you get from not reading them.

Ian

#226373 - 02/07/08 07:07 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
On the other hand, on most golf forums you'll occasionally hear about golf TECHNIQUE, different courses, the best shot they ever made...

Sometimes I think that SZ is a covert industry advertisement site, and Donny is being paid to stir up dissatisfaction

And occasionally we have many great discussions about technique, style building, How to..., different players and song playing.

Donny is being paid to stir things up; didn't you know that?

And if you reaqlly crave more of the above than what we have to offer, there's always roland-arranger.com, but i guess you already know that, so your presence here says what?

#226374 - 02/07/08 07:23 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
Dnj Offline

Hmmmmmm Cass......that's all well and good just dont ask anyone to post a song that would be a mortal sin or knock the color of their keyboard either

#226375 - 02/07/08 07:32 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Hmmmmmm Cass......that's all well and good just dont ask anyone to post a song that would be a mortal sin or knock the color of their keyboard either

What is a "mortal sin"?

#226376 - 02/07/08 07:50 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey Mike, of course I knew what features the E-60 had and did not have...I read all that was available including the manual....so what....I didn't buy the E-60 to replace my main keyboard [G70]...I bought it to have a hands on "experience" and to try ways I could make it work for me..

It was not a mistake at all for me.....buying the E-60..I thoroughly enjoyed it, and consider it the best keyboard value in it's price range...

Who knows..I may even buy another one some day..

I will continue buying anything I want, even if it is for "experience"..I don't lose a dime, and have enough fun........I don't need to look at other pass times....You can consider my buying of equipment..as my hobby...

BTW: I even bought Yamaha keyboards..and I also knew all about them... ..still didn't lose a dime on them...but came very close.. ..Maybe I didn't quite enjoy those experiences..

#226377 - 02/07/08 07:54 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
What is a "mortal sin"?

Oh, it's one of those Christian, Catholic things. You know, like doing the ultimate wrong. Bad things that will get straight into hell, if you know what that is

#226378 - 02/07/08 08:03 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
What is a "mortal sin"?

a sin committed with a clear knowledge of its guilt, with full consent of the will, and concerning a grave matter; where circumstances allow ...

an unpardonable sin entailing a total loss of grace; "theologians list seven mortal sins"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Mortal Sin is an Australian thrash metal band that formed in 1985. The group formed around singer Mat Maurer and drummer Wayne Campbell in Sydney. ...

According to the beliefs of Roman Catholicism, a mortal sin is a sin that, unless confessed and absolved (or at least sacramental confession is willed if not available), condemns a person's soul to Hell after death.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-07-2008).]

#226379 - 02/07/08 08:07 AM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Oh, it's one of those Christian, Catholic things. You know, like doing the ultimate wrong. Bad things that will get straight into hell, if you know what that is

"The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven"... John Milton

Hell? That's where the Devil lives, ain't it?

I'm not afraid of the Devil...I was married to his sister for 15 years.

Ian

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online