SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#226239 - 02/06/08 04:32 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Dnj Offline

Hahahahahah Oh Diki.....thank you for that advice but NO THANX! The only thing I might drop is the G70 off my rock & roller because of the weight its a dinosaur to transport ......but does have many incredible features I really liked.
Change my act? I think not ....let me tell you something I learned my UK friend....never toy with success...40+ years of performing music ....with many bands, & solo, I think that says volumes.......
dont fix it if it ain't broken.
Although you seem to try to be a know it all ....the smoke screen will never work here ....although at times I do appreciate your replies and if you can read in between the BS it sometimes makes alot of sense.
So where are we? I would say you do your thing and I'll do mine....I dont begrudge anyone of making a living in ANY WAY THEY WANT. The purists can kiss my butt sorry.

#226240 - 02/06/08 04:34 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
What!!!!!!!!!!!!! The G70 isn't PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

#226241 - 02/06/08 05:18 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Donny, but 'if it ain't broke, replace it' seems to be more your mantra...

Perhaps, you might try making yourself a shopping list of the features you MUST have on an arranger. Perhaps you could take a look at whatever arranger you DID have for the longest time as a jumping off place... (was that the 3k?)

Then unless any new arranger has EVERY SINGLE ONE of those 'must have' features, OS aspects, sounds, weight, whatever it is you DO consider important, just don't bother. Sure, it might be fun to tinker around (but you could do that in the store for free!), but if all your basic criteria aren't met, save yourself (and all of us you will ask for basic support) a whole bunch of remorse

All that time spent trying to pound a square peg into a round hole will be MUCH better spent on more long-term rewarding aspects of music...

I guess we all are just curious as to exactly WHAT you are looking for in an arranger... Truth may be, you don't know yourself or you might not have to try so many to find it...

#226242 - 02/06/08 05:31 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Dnj Offline

Well Diki with all that said....
I'll continue my search.....because I know with patience and persistence I will eventually find what Im looking for and also....

1- pisses you off by doing so which motivates me even more.

2- all great explorers never gave up hope, & I know whats just on the horizon is gonna make me very happy

So dont worry bout me ....this here Colombus will find what he is looking for!

carry on..

#226243 - 02/06/08 05:34 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yep, Donny, you did get quite a bit of mileage out of that old 3k.

Get yourself one of those...at least the screen would be at the right angle.

You have lots of registrations and SMF for it, and since you don't do a lot of instrumentals, not having the SA voices shouldn't hurt too bad.

Then, you could bide your time, save some scratch, and wait for that "ultimate" arranger that could be out in the near future.

In your case, getting the 3k after having the S900 wouldn't really be a step back.

You could use the extra loot you save to buy Fran's roadies some cigars and some cosmetic plastic surgery.

Ian

#226244 - 02/06/08 05:57 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
They say that the definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over again... all the time, expecting a different outcome.

Maybe the glass is half full, maybe it's half empty, maybe the glass is twice as large as it needs to be, maybe there is no glass...

Me, I expect no future arranger to be perfect, for Donny OR myself. I expect it will have many new features, some of which will be useful, some of which I could care less about. And it will ALWAYS have something that some other arranger has better implemented (if it has the feature at all). To expect any different is, to be kind, unrealistic. To be less kind...

INSANE

#226245 - 02/06/08 06:03 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
They say that the definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over again... all the time, expecting a different outcome.

My old uncle Jim used to say, "You do what you always do....you get what you always got."

#226246 - 02/06/08 06:09 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Dnj Offline

Ian......we keep trying to keep the place hopping without too much help from anyone else.....

#226247 - 02/06/08 06:13 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
ianmcnll Offline

Donny...there is a difference between hopping and limping.

I'm too lazy to do either.

#226248 - 02/06/08 08:49 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
zuki Offline

So Ian, how are you???

You should try this PA800 - it is VERY powerful....

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online