SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#226209 - 02/05/08 07:50 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don, I was talking to Donny..maybe I should have just emailed him..or were you referring to the accordion comment..

#226210 - 02/05/08 08:31 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Since you edited your post, it makes mine seem totally stupid. I don't have time for these time-wasting games, so I'll do the same.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 02-05-2008).]

#226211 - 02/05/08 08:49 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
zuki Offline

Donny,

I know where you're coming from. Every arranger has its + / - and there is not ONE single board that does it all. The PA800 has great stuff, but NO WAY would I replace the 900 live with it. It just lacks way too many things vs Yamaha. I don't want to carry (2) boards, so I'm looking too.

I haven't had my hands on a G70, but maybe that's next for me too.

I might never be totally satisfied in my lifetime, but have to keep trying stuff until I am.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#226212 - 02/05/08 09:45 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Perhaps Donny you should wait another 3 months, give or take...

#226213 - 02/05/08 10:28 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ya know this might sound weird....but there ain't much left for me to try out there regarding arrangers ...somehow the Roland G70 sticks in my mind. Every time I see or play Frans G70 in his studio I say to myself did I make the biggest mistake by selling mine?
Lets face it, its one AWESOME Keyboard that is quality built and has so many
Pro Features........I wish I wasn't so fickle but thats something I guess I was born with.The great G70's key-feel haunts me in the back of my mind every time I play something substandard to it. I also miss the great sounds/styles, organs & draw-bars & touch screen & the makeup tools are so effective in the editing department it ain't funny..

"Sigh"... decisions decisions

PS this was a sad day for me......
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/013808.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-05-2008).]

This is what will happen Dnj.

The weight,style flow (sounds sometimes)will start to bother you for instant play,then you'll go back to T2,(s 900) or may be SD1(less likely).

#226214 - 02/06/08 03:53 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Donny,

Dump that S900...the G70 will be perfect for you...just ask Fran for his unbiased opinion.

Maybe he'll lend you his two handsome roadies.

Ian

#226215 - 02/06/08 04:09 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Donny,

If your considering the G70, why not the Pa2xpro?

Al

Donny, that would be my thought. Before reading your post this morning last night I went to the Roland site to have a look at a demo of their KRM117 grand piano for home. Short story is I wound up viewing the G70 demos as demoed by Chris Halon. Gotta say I got a little nostalgic for the G70, it is a great board. Now that you don't have 2 Mackies and stands to take to gigs, maybe the G70 weight won't be as big an issue.

Good luck with your decision.

#226216 - 02/06/08 05:11 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
. Now that you don't have 2 Mackies and stands to take to gigs, maybe the G70 weight won't be as big an issue.

Good luck with your decision.

Steve thank you for your thoughts I always appreciate them......all that you have said is spinning in my head......Honestly the S900 sounds & styles are very good, I love the SA voices in certain songs it gives you that lil extra edge if you utilize them correctly & because I make it sound even better with edits,tweaks, and whatever experience I have absorbed after 40 years of performing live, but in no way is it my ultimate arranger, but for teh price its definitly a good bang for the buck.....But, if I'm being honest with you, I'm using it for now, but its like walking on egg shells, the Vocal harmonizer is useless and now I dont even use it AT ALL it sounds like a KAZOO at best... its that bad compared to the G70 & PA800,& for a singer that bothers me and limits my playing, Vocals and full singing potential, Yamaha has dropped the ball big time on T2/S900 in this regard they really have to put a quality Voc unit inside their units. In a way Im glad I have experienced many of them this makes for a better overall decision in the end on what to settle with someday....certain things reflect our decisions to buy,keep,love/hate, our gear.....some love it, some hate it & some dont know the difference, some sing, some dont sing, some play only at home & some play professionally to make a living......nobody is right or wrong, some have strong convictions, but when the smoke clears its ONLY YOU who have to buy it, play it, & be happy with you choice. I'm getting close to my ultimate choice but its not my fickleness at this point its just a bit to soon because I know we are on the quest of arranger Nirvana....Shangrila is coming in the next two years & who knows I might join Diki & Fran's longetivity in settling down & enjoying ONE Arranger Keyboard that has ALL MY Needs covered for many years after that ...
I have no choice but to wait and see.

My fingers are crossed.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-06-2008).]

#226217 - 02/06/08 05:50 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
yeah, we're all waiting/dreaming of ko-rol-amaha!

#226218 - 02/06/08 06:00 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I know I'm always funnin' ya, but seriously, it must be hard to get just the right one for all your needs.

VH on T2 and S900 doesn't matter to me as I do all instrumentals, but it surely is pretty bad, I agree.

Good luck in your search.

Ian

PS Stay away from Fran's roadies...they look mean.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online