Topic Options
#226042 - 02/03/08 06:58 AM OT Wersi Lourve/Wurltzer Change over at the Tower
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Changes take place hourly
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=atC48eaLKq0

Enjoy

Bill

#226043 - 02/03/08 07:08 AM Re: OT Wersi Lourve/Wurltzer Change over at the Tower
Dnj Offline

Now thats a Segway!!!

"Facination" was one of my first songs I ever learned...

Thanx Bill!

#226044 - 02/03/08 11:08 AM Re: OT Wersi Lourve/Wurltzer Change over at the Tower
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I used to play several Mecca ballrooms back in the seventies in England (Nottingham Palais, Sheffield Tiffany's and Coventry Tiffany's [I think that was it's name] and a short stop at the Northampton one) and I remember the Coventry one quite well. A real revolving stage... and two bands a night!

Every set, at the end, suddenly the stage would lurch a little and then start to rotate round, the other band would blend in with the song we were playing, and gradually take over as we rotated away! At the end of their set, we would get ready, join in on whatever they played, and take over from them..!

Great fun (as long as you weren't too drunk)...!

#226045 - 02/03/08 07:32 PM Re: OT Wersi Lourve/Wurltzer Change over at the Tower
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey Diki, so you were a Mecca man, too!

We used to do summer relief gigs for most of the London area Meccas in 1970-71. Ilford Palais, Tottenham Royal, Empire Leicester Square, Cat's Whiskers Streatham, Stevenage Locarno, Hammersmith Palais. Great days!

Oh yeah, those herky-jerky revolving stages. Good job we were playing Hammonds in those days. I reckon our current boards would be toppled off an X-stand by the initial lurch of some of those stages.

Talking about being too drumk, I remember an incident at the Empire Leicester Square where TC (can't give her full name - might be libellous - you may remember her, anyway) the girl singer with Ray McVay's band had got a little too juiced and went a-over-t on one such occasion. Roars of laughter all around.

Sorry, Abacus, got away from your topic a bit - got carried away.

Oh, and Donny, I'd love to go tooling down the sidewalk on a Segway

[This message has been edited by renig (edited 02-03-2008).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online