SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#225821 - 02/01/08 11:16 AM New Roland's
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
These new instruments launched last year will most likely be what Roland’s new arranger’s will be built on.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lGN3SQnZgn8&feature=related

Enjoy

Bill

#225822 - 02/01/08 03:46 PM Re: New Roland's
zuki Offline

Man, would I love to have that product in my living room....go back to my organ roots

Thanks for sharing!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#225823 - 02/01/08 03:46 PM Re: New Roland's
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Roland have, in the past (and present) based their arrangers on workstation engines, not the home organ ones. The current line is powered by a Fantom engine, and has many of it's samples. The G1000 and prior, based on SC-88Pro engines and samples. MI line stuff.

I am not so sure Roland is about to make such a radical departure as to change where they get their whole line's inspiration from.

My guess is, especially from a few rumors I've heard, is that some more of the FantomX features (now that it is superseded) will make their way to the next G-series, but I hardly see Roland abandoning this generation so soon after it's initial release. Past performance by Roland have usually had them go through at least two or three models before they change generations.

But, who knows? I can just say, after listening to the Atelier demos, that Roland have a LONG way to go to get their SA-like articulation voices up to the standard of the T2's. I hope they don't rush this 'me-too' technology out until they have got it at least competitive...

#225824 - 02/01/08 04:23 PM Re: New Roland's
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Roland have really taken the home organ to a new level...very nice instrument.

I am a little disappointed in the "Articulation" voices.

I like the idea of the 76 note lower manual that can be split.

Maybe the next G series will have real drawbars, such as the ones on the Atelier or the VK organs...not an impossibility, I suppose.

Ian

#225825 - 02/01/08 05:06 PM Re: New Roland's
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
There's an awful lot of that Atelier Demo that I was going 'got that.. got that... got that too'

To be honest, other than some of the the theater organ stuff and some of the church voices, what little I heard that ISN'T already in a G70 didn't impress me much, with the exception of that soprano solo voice (killer, but how I'd use it, I don't know!).

That three-way split on the 76 note manual... pure G70!

After reflection, it looks the other way around to me... Roland are basing the Atelier on THIS generation of arrangers, rather than this Atelier being the future of the arranger series.

#225826 - 02/01/08 07:18 PM Re: New Roland's
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I begin to feel like I have the only Roland E 80 in existance. Doesn't anyone else have one?
Anyway, I watched and listened to this video.It seemed to me that almost every thing they demo'd is already in my E 80.
One of my list members that had several Technics, bought the E 60, didn't like it too much, traded it for the E 80, and before long traded it for the Roland Organ.
he has now come full circle and is happy again.
Maybe I will do the same thing as all I do anymore is just play and write a few songs and record them.
All the keyboards and equipment in this studio are pretty much just wasted here now days.
Bebop
Bebop

#225827 - 02/01/08 07:22 PM Re: New Roland's
Dnj Offline

Bebop....exactly.....Fran & I have looked high & low for an E80....still looking also...it is one of the only arrangers I haven't been able to get my hands on....
I probably would have bought one before my G70........but they are very hard to find if at all and demo one Argggggggggggg!!!!

tell us more about it please.

#225828 - 02/02/08 05:27 AM Re: New Roland's
zuki Offline

Roland's 'mysterious marketing' plan

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#225829 - 02/03/08 04:35 AM Re: New Roland's
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online