SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#225118 - 01/24/08 01:44 PM Joey D, new king of the B
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
For those that have not seen the latest issue, on the cover of Keyboard Mag this month is none other than Philly's own Joey DeFrancesco. Not only is this a testament to the enduring popularity of the instrument (and it's clones), but possibly the return of the jazz organ trio as a viable musical format. Not strictly an arranger topic, but I've noticed that, after piano, one of the most popular 'real instrument' voices is the organ. Plus, many here are former organ players (ok, ORGANISTS if you happen to be classically trained). Of course, ORGANIST aren't much interested in the B3, anyway. If you get a chance, read his interview. Very interesting and informative (and for a change, accurate). One interesting note, he's playing a new organ (Diversi) which will be out in the spring.

Long live the "B" (in whatever form).

chas

#225119 - 01/24/08 01:51 PM Re: Joey D, new king of the B
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Just got my issue a short time ago in today's mail. Looks like a nice transcription of Blues in F by Joey is also included. Good for guys like me who read music. ( and with a lot of practice

I did notice there's also review on the Roland Sonic Cell as well as the Bose L1 Model II

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 01-24-2008).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online