SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#224912 - 01/22/08 04:41 PM Re: E-60 ..10 day report card
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Fran,
one should be able to do the following with easy access dedicated controls: fade in/out,
bass on/off, drums on/off, acc on/off. E60
gives us a choice of ONE on the D-beam at hand, makes you go into menu to switch to another. ridiculous. You can access the fade thru the V-Link button but there again you only have that ONE choice (not that anything else in that button is great shakes)

No kb is perfect, nobody is talking perfection here. Just utility. I am a heavy user of the tap tempo button, more than all of u because u set up pre-tempoed registrations and i never do. ever. And i have long experience w/Korg/Technics which have ACCURATE taps that work on 2-3 taps!!.part of the problem is they require 4 w/Roland. The tempo comes out exactly only by chance, most of the time it is not QUITE right where u want it..close, no cigar.

------------------
Miami Mo

#224913 - 01/24/08 09:49 PM Re: E-60 ..10 day report card
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Sigh.....
I have a three day weekend seminar at school tomorrow, so I don't have time to REstir the pot that my good old ( older than I ) pal, Fran has dipped his G70 spoon into !
I admit it....I have lost much of my desire to waste countless hours comparing keyboards. I have no interest in the latest REpackaging of the same old thing that's in my car right now. ( yes, in the freezing cold. That's where it lives all the time - summer, winter ..... the car is it's home )

There was a time...long before the Miami Hurricane of 2005, when I would love to spar a bit on the topics of key feel, and piano overtones....but since I started teaching, I have had a shift in priorities. There is not a club or band in the world that could make me leave these kids.
(Well, MAYBE if Tower OF Power calls, and Rocco can't make a gig .... )OK, OK....I said the "G" word ... calm down.

I'm a weekend warrior now, the term makes more sense to me.
So, my dear, brainwashed Fran ... thanx for the muscle in the piano move. I'm sorry that I didn't swoon over your newest $599 Roland. Come back again, and I'll take the PA800 off it's throne for a 1/2 hour for you. I just didn't want to get you all upset after paying too much for that Roland/Kenner piece. I hate to see a grown man cry.

#224914 - 01/25/08 07:15 AM Re: E-60 ..10 day report card
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
UD, a nicely written rebuttal.

I love all of you guys. The fraternal bantering and rivalry between you is so fun and entertaining. What many readers miss, I fear, is the fact that Dave and Fran were together at Dave's place moving a real piano and all of this came about from their get-together. I really don't detect any animosity, but just plain tit-for-tat. Too bad others of us take exception to it.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 01-25-2008).]

#224915 - 01/25/08 07:46 AM Re: E-60 ..10 day report card
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
You got to be kind to old UD. After all, he's so gullible that he drove 20 hours to pick up a worn out old Bontempi last year.

Thing is, this is a really sincere guy. Visit with him a couple of minutes and you're "hooked" for life! He's just a big old teddy bear with his heart on his sleeve. He's had his nose bent out of shape on a personal level a couple of times in the last few years, but the cat can PLAY his A** off and really acts on his convictions. As a long-time college professor and researcher in the Interpersonal communications field, I can't imagine a better, more dedicated person to do what he's doing. And what he's doing for his kids it REALLY IMPORTANT!

I wouldn't have met him if it wasn't for the "Zone", and, for that, I'm really greatful.
And, if he hadn't told me differently, I would have been sure Fran and Donny were
just tremendous pains in the A**! Now, I enjoy their antics and would like to meet and visit with them some day.

Hang in there, Bud! The world needs more folks like you!

R.

#224916 - 01/25/08 12:30 PM Re: E-60 ..10 day report card
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Well..I will be heading out to gig with the E-60...you know that $599, repackaged keyboard that Dave mentioned [see how far off base..even my buddies can be.. ]..

Cass, maybe Uncle Dave can get you a better price than George..

So far the E-60, has taken care of all my keyboard needs with the band...Tonight I will ice[cancel]..the G1000 recorded Mp3's and use the E-60..both sequences and arranger play...I won't even let my band members know what is going on...

I was planning on recording the tunes on the E-60 and save as MP3's[to replace the G1000 tunes], but I think I may as well ..just keep the E-60..

I know it sounds as good as anything else out there, and it is very comfortable to use[since I already know the G70 ]...

I think if Roland added a mic/audio input on this board, for just a little more dough...They would have a winner in a class of it's own..

Of course they would have to take it away from the CK division [home piano stores] and give it to the MI stores..that really would sell the keyboard...

Two week update review coming if anything new..comes to life..

Dave ..warm up the PA800..after breakfast[when you get another day off]..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online