Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Donny,
could you please send me a copy too.

Steve & Rikki you have mail.....enjoy

D.

#224876 - 01/23/08 09:38 AM Re: Converting Tyros 2 Style to Korg Pa2X
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Bill, interesting info. Do other manufacturers do the same, or is this one explanation for the different sound (CD versus live band) that I've seen discussed on the zone.

Graham

#224877 - 01/23/08 09:43 AM Re: Converting Tyros 2 Style to Korg Pa2X
PraiseTheLord Offline

Thanks Donny.

#224878 - 01/23/08 04:27 PM Re: Converting Tyros 2 Style to Korg Pa2X
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:
Hi Bill, interesting info. Do other manufacturers do the same, or is this one explanation for the different sound (CD versus live band) that I've seen discussed on the zone.

Graham

Hi Graham
As far as I am aware, except for the Wersi OAA software, (Which uses Wersi’s own code programming to achieve the same effect) no other manufactures produce these types of voices.
The CD – Live band mentioned in other threads, relates to the sound system.
If you listen to a Yamaha it gives you a nice rounded, slightly compressed sound, (Hence the comparison with a CD) whereas most other boards give you a more raw sound, as you get in a live performance.
To look at it another way, the Yamaha gives you a studio production sound, whereas with other boards it’s like a live concert.
If you ever get a chance to compare a Tyros 2 and a Wersi OAS instrument (With the OAA software) you will see what I mean, as with the Yamaha styles played on the Wersi, it’s like you are at a live concert, rather then in the studio. (One of the few instances where something played on another manufactures instrument, doesn’t just equal, but beats the original)
Hope this makes things clearer

Bill

#224879 - 01/23/08 04:39 PM Re: Converting Tyros 2 Style to Korg Pa2X
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Bill...how does the Wersi deal with Yamaha's Mega voices as most, if not all of the new styles have them?

Does Wersi have something comparable?

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-23-2008).]

#224880 - 01/23/08 04:59 PM Re: Converting Tyros 2 Style to Korg Pa2X
PraiseTheLord Offline

Rikki, do please send us your conversion of the PSR1500 style that you have already done.

God bless you.

Graham

#224881 - 01/23/08 05:00 PM Re: Converting Tyros 2 Style to Korg Pa2X
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:
Thanks Donny.

Your very welcome

enjoy

D.

#224882 - 01/24/08 01:03 AM Re: Converting Tyros 2 Style to Korg Pa2X
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Bill...how does the Wersi deal with Yamaha's Mega voices as most, if not all of the new styles have them?

Does Wersi have something comparable?

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-23-2008).]

Hi Ian
Apart from the more live sounding voices due to the Wersi sound system, you would not be able to tell the difference between them. (I know some people alter the EQ, Reverb etc of the Yamaha Styles to sound exactly like the Styles in the Tyros 2, but personally I prefer a more live sound)
Please also remember that no conversion takes place, the styles are played directly as if they were loaded on a Yamaha.
BTW for those that think the direct play of Yamaha styles is the main feature of the Wersi OAA, then please remember that the manual runs to 60 pages, and if you grouped together all the parts that are related to the Yamaha style play, (Including the sound list) they would total no more than 4 pages.

Bill

#224883 - 01/24/08 04:09 AM Re: Converting Tyros 2 Style to Korg Pa2X
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:

Apart from the more live sounding voices due to the Wersi sound system, you would not be able to tell the difference between them. (I know some people alter the EQ, Reverb etc of the Yamaha Styles to sound exactly like the Styles in the Tyros 2, but personally I prefer a more live sound)
Please also remember that no conversion takes place, the styles are played directly as if they were loaded on a Yamaha.

Bill,

Do you have any demos of a Wersi playing a Yamaha style...an "unplugged" guitar type style would be best.

Tyros2 has two..Unplugged 1 and Unplugged 2 and I'd like to hear these played on the Wersi as they use Mega voices.

Ian

#224884 - 01/24/08 11:40 AM Re: Converting Tyros 2 Style to Korg Pa2X
abacus Offline

Hi Ian
I only have some styles that a friend did for me, and unfortunately they were recorded at a lower level then the norm, so you get a bit of noise when you normalise them.
If you want to hear some of them (Say whether you want them normalised or original) and I will post links to them on the site.
The following styles are available:

Acoustic Jazz: Baroque Concerto 3: Beguine 3: Bosa Nova 3: Brass Band 3: Classic Big Band 3 X2: English waltz 2: English Waltz 3: Flamenco 3: Gay Gordons 3: Gospel Swing 3: Guitar Serenade 3: Irish Dance 3: Lounge Piano 3: Midnight Ballad 3: Midnight Swing 3: Organ Cha Cha 3: Organ Swing 3: Power Ballad 3: Romantic Ballad 3: Showtune 3: Love Song 3: Swinging Big Band 3

I'm assuming the 3 relates to the Intro/Ending

Regards

Bill

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online