SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#224770 - 01/21/08 09:33 AM Re: I'm confused
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
How sad! The ego is a powerful thing.

Locating issues that are more important is really easy.

I have had direct contact via email with Donny, and he was great.

Let's respect him for his strengths and hope that this foolishness goes away and he's here again soon!

Russ

#224771 - 01/21/08 03:01 PM Re: I'm confused
mr9000 Offline

To those yet again falling into the gutter of low roads..yet again..go back and reflect a time,oh about 1.5mths ago, when so many were fearing this site was shut down/lost forever. Just a seasonal rememberance as the history again repeats.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 01-21-2008).]

#224772 - 01/21/08 04:37 PM Re: I'm confused
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry about my earlier post, and the misunderstandings from it. Firstly, let me say that the Nazi reference in it was in NO WAY a commentary about Donny whatsoever, just an illustration that it doesn't take long for some of us to forget WHY something was wrong in the first place, and to revive it... That paragraph was simply a commentary on how royal titles are so popular in american culture. Often, it is a sign of respect from others. And sometimes it is simply self-aggrandizement. You make your own mind up. It isn't strictly about whether you CALL yourself 'King' or whatever, it is whether you start to behave like one...

As to taking the high road... Once it has been tried and failed several times, another route needs investigating. Ian, Fran, myself and Donny all called a 'truce' and 'devil take the hindmost' before Christmas after things were getting silly, again. Didn't last very long, did it? If less than a month is all Donny can tolerate before he starts flaming and running, it doesn't bode well for the future, does it? What's the point in a lull? If it is inevitable it starts again...?

You might notice that I have NOT gone back and edited or removed my initial post in this thread. From looking at it again, I can see how misinterpreted my words might have been, and how harsh a tone I used. And I apologize for this. I was, at the time, extremely upset that after things seemed like they had calmed down again, back comes the same old cr@p, and off we go! This is one of the few places where one can get a decent discussion going about arrangers, and their future as musical instruments, and it has been taking quite a hit from spats and feuds that don't belong here (we DO have email and Skype, if you wish to get personal!). Several have left, several post infrequently now. I would like to see a return to the way things were.

So, I do NOT go back and edit my post. I leave it up there, as a warning to MYSELF to be more careful proofing what I type. As a sign that I am man enough to not hide my misdeeds, and leave threads with baffling gaps and one sided retorts. If Donny could understand the cowardliness (is that too harsh a word? Put your own choice in there yourself, then) in removing his own tirades (and replacing them with a smiley, of all things!), perhaps, well firstly he might not do it. And secondly, he might refrain from the tirade in the first place, or at least acknowledge that whatever invective he wishes to let us read will remain for all time.

Editing our posts is a way for us to either clarify something we posted, or to correct typos and facts. NOT flame and run and hide with a 'This message edited by' shroud of cowardice.

I am NOT going to remove my post. It WAS wrong, I apologize, and it will remain for all to see (without anyone else having to go to the bother of quoting me!) forever. As a warning to ME to be more careful in what I post.

And hopefully, a warning to others, too...

'Post in haste, repent at leisure'

#224773 - 01/21/08 05:02 PM Re: I'm confused
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

'Post in haste, repent at leisure'

Spoken like a true gentleman.

#224774 - 01/21/08 05:12 PM Re: I'm confused
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Diki, I love you man. You're every bit as full of crap as I am. I know you mean well , but your wit (and your tongue) are way too sharp not to pierce something at some point (probably the near future ). But so what. You've managed, for the most part, to stay within acceptable boundaries, and imagine how utterly boring this place would be without flamboyant individuals such as yourself, Ian (before he got religion and picked up a copy of 'Miss Manners'), Fran (who never saw a Roland he didn't like), TonyMads (who thinks a new knee is actually going to improve his golf game...hah), Nigel (who is torn between 'free speech' and world war III), and the many other interesting and unique individuals that make up this one-of-a-kind board. Heck, I'd even like to see the return of ScottYee (not his music, just Scott) and SqueakD (every board should have at LEAST two 'brothers').

So I say, sit on that 'apology' for awhile, at least until you've been 'clean and sober' for a minimum of three months.

chas

#224775 - 01/21/08 05:35 PM Re: I'm confused
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Ian (before he got religion and picked up a copy of 'Miss Manners'

That's "Mr. Manners" to you, and, it is during times like these that I thank God I'm an atheist.

Ian the Pure

Re: the Edit...forgot the smiley.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-21-2008).]

#224776 - 01/21/08 07:05 PM Re: I'm confused
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
"(every board should have at LEAST two 'brothers')"

Amen

#224777 - 01/21/08 07:11 PM Re: I'm confused
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Taike,

Good to see you back again....hope things are well with you and your family.

AND.....Did you get yourself a keyboard?

Ian the Curious

#224778 - 01/21/08 07:39 PM Re: I'm confused
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Hi Taike,

Good to see you back again....hope things are well with you and your family.

AND.....Did you get yourself a keyboard?

Ian the Curious

Hi Ian,

Off-topic, but since you're asking:

My family's fine. Mapanoy celebrated his first birthday last Sunday (Jan. 20). I'll be next on the 25th, just not my first.

No keyboard yet. I'm not in a rush but I might make my final decision in the next few months or so. My Thai friend's Kawai XR9000 is a joy to play. http://www.organstop.com/images/kawai9000whte.gif

Ian, are there still any cats around in Nova Scotia?

Taike

#224779 - 01/22/08 12:38 AM Re: I'm confused
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Good to see you again Taike. Hope you stay.

Staying in topic, I am bored of saying the same questions over and over:

Why can't we behave like adults?
Why can't SZ be a civilized place? (not sterilized mind you, just civilized enough, say like, "first drink" civilized, not "half a bottle later" civilized, if you know what I mean)

I am sure you are tired of repeating the same questions too. Everyone, it is in our hands to at least TRY not to have to repeat them again.

On the other hand, people don't change. And considering that most Synthzoners are in their 50's or close... they won't even try.

The thing that annoys me most though, is that with the time difference, i usually log in just before the storm, then next day I log on the battle is already fought and the field is being cleared from the paramedics (Nigel). Almost never had the opportunity to watch a fight in all its glory.

Time to get more cofee!

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 01-22-2008).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online