SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#224760 - 01/19/08 07:22 PM I'm confused
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
What's all this stuff going on about Donny? I notice some of his links are gone and maybe even some of his posts have been editied or deleted. Fran said something about him being gone. What did I miss? Where's Donny? I'm BLUE!

#224761 - 01/19/08 09:34 PM Re: I'm confused
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Seems Donny returned to his habits of flaming, then editing his posts to hide his deeds. Rather than have Nigel turn off editing for ALL of us, Donny must have decided on a 'cooling down' period.

Perhaps, during this time, he can reflect on the fact that maybe he ISN'T the 'King' (I haven't heard a demo or read a post that would convince ANYONE of that fact!), and that we live in a democracy... It might be better to return as a 'citizen' than live in exile as a self-appointed despot...

It's amazing, in the land that shed royalty over two hundred years ago, how many of it's citizens like to appoint themselves as royalty... You would think after all that bloodshed, the thought of some kind of hereditary title would revolt all sensible citizens. But I guess you don't even have to look hard to find American Nazis under the rug, and that episode was MUCH more recent...

As Monty Python said... "I didn't vote for no King!"

#224762 - 01/19/08 11:28 PM Re: I'm confused
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Seems Donny returned to his habits of flaming, then editing his posts to hide his deeds. Rather than have Nigel turn off editing for ALL of us, Donny must have decided on a 'cooling down' period.

Perhaps, during this time, he can reflect on the fact that maybe he ISN'T the 'King' (I haven't heard a demo or read a post that would convince ANYONE of that fact!), and that we live in a democracy... It might be better to return as a 'citizen' than live in exile as a self-appointed despot...

It's amazing, in the land that shed royalty over two hundred years ago, how many of it's citizens like to appoint themselves as royalty... You would think after all that bloodshed, the thought of some kind of hereditary title would revolt all sensible citizens. But I guess you don't even have to look hard to find American Nazis under the rug, and that episode was MUCH more recent...

As Monty Python said... "I didn't vote for no King!"

Talk about flaming! "nazi" is a little harsh don't you think.
And of course congratulations on taking the "high road" and not "fanning the flames."

#224763 - 01/20/08 12:09 AM Re: I'm confused
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
Talk about flaming! "nazi" is a little harsh don't you think.
And of course congratulations on taking the "high road" and not "fanning the flames."

Oh I don't think I even need to add to this lol as I think Mike summed it up pretty well And you do all know that Donny's claim to be King was a joke .... doncha ??? People need to lighten up.

Though Donny also did unecessarily and intentionally incite dissention that I didn't appreciate at all and I stated that on the thread where it occurred. But lets keep things in context as it was hardly a world shattering event. Annoying and childish ? .. yes it was but that pretty much covers it.

#224764 - 01/20/08 03:50 AM Re: I'm confused
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I don't think any of us are kings, if so we were wouldn't necessarily be hanging out here.
But as Nigel mentioned reference to being a king was a joke.

I will say I have heard Donny's work on 2 different CDs the man does a terrific job on no matter what he played be it Yamaha, Ketron or Korg. His shoice of music is what I like and usually play. Donny has always been a gentleman in and off the forum to me. Hope to see him back soon.

BTW everyone here past and present I 've had contact with here on and off the forum have been nothing but gentlemen. I've bought and sold instruments thru forum members, needed help with everything from choice of instruments to " How do I connect" questions. All who were asked helped and were happy to do so.

#224765 - 01/20/08 06:44 AM Re: I'm confused
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Intolerance....How can we as older, wiser gentlemen in this day and age be intolerant of other folks views and opinions.

It's disgusting, really, that creative and abstract thinking types like musicians have to behave in this manner. Let's be hero's and lead the way towards brotherhood, tolerance, and grace.

Everyone is entitled to a fall from grace from time to time.

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#224766 - 01/20/08 07:38 AM Re: I'm confused
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Intolerance....How can we as older, wiser gentlemen in this day and age be intolerant of other folks views and opinions.
It's disgusting, really, that creative and abstract thinking types like musicians have to behave in this manner. Let's be hero's and lead the way towards brotherhood, tolerance, and grace.
Everyone is entitled to a fall from grace from time to time.

AMEN, Al ...
I just don't understand why this board, with all its talented and well meaning people would need to get a "sermon" every once in a while ...
As I've said before, I consider the members here as my extended family, and as in all families, some dissension is going to exist from time to time ... and as in all families, people need to LIGHTEN UP !!! SHEESH !!!

And I have to agree with Steve that Donny is a talented guy who produces a damn good product, and while he (Donny) may know that he is talented, and may not be shy about saying it, I doubt that even HE really thinks he is "king" ...
t.

PS: It just occured to me that, with Steve just having had surgery for prostate cancer, you would think the rest of us would realize that what we do and say here is NOT life and death !!!
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 01-20-2008).]

#224767 - 01/20/08 08:22 AM Re: I'm confused
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Donny wore his crown and chicken hat with equal dignity.

#224768 - 01/20/08 08:39 AM Re: I'm confused
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Yeah, but let's make sure all that 'tolerance' is distributed equally. Some of us seem to be more tolerant of some than others. "Skinny" Joey Merlino (Philly Mob boss) always passed out free turkeys to poor families in his South Philly neighborhood on Thanksgiving. That did NOT make him any less of a jerk. And while we're at it, mentioning Donny and tolerance in the same breath must be some kind of a joke. Having moderate talent (VERY subjective) and 'passing out an occasional turkey', does not give one license to be a jerk, although there are some of lesser talent that seem to think so.

I know that I (along with some of my SZ friends) can sometimes act like jerks, but there is a line that we won't cross, and that, IMO, is what keeps US from being TRUE jerks. I have a very thick skin (except in one area) and can tolerate most things until it takes on a tone that shouldn't be tolerated in any community of artists.

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 01-20-2008).]

#224769 - 01/20/08 09:29 AM Re: I'm confused
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Yeah, but let's make sure all that 'tolerance' is distributed equally. Some of us seem to be more tolerant of some than others.

chas

I agree with chas let us not forget, in our praise, who brings this on themselves and not just one accident but repeatedly.
It was the exact same words the same insults used over and over last year. Same challenge, same threat to quit, the only thing that changed is this year it was defending a different keyboard.
So let us just move on and remember once a month or so history will repeat it self(for some at least).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online