SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#22454 - 05/03/00 06:16 AM Listen to my music
Matte.L Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hey there!

If you like you can go listen to my music.
Comments would be nice!
iīve used Jv 1080+some other stuff.
http://www.mp3.com/djvirtualizer

#22455 - 05/10/00 02:40 PM Re: Listen to my music
Anonymous
Unregistered

HAHAHAH you know what that music sounds like.

hahah its sounds like some video game fighting music.. Hahah you should try selling them beats to Sega or somethin. You could make a lot of money that way...

#22456 - 05/10/00 05:34 PM Re: Listen to my music
Wilkes Offline

Loc: Wilkesboro, NC, USA
I checked your music out a while back...it is pretty cool! I don't really like such "techno" all that much, but yours is better than most I've come across at mp3.com. I have saved "Stars in the Sky" to my desktop along with my other "greatest hits" .mp3s of unsigned artists that I'll often listen to while on my computer. Let us know when you write and record another tune!

By the way, which parts/sounds from "Stars" are coming out of your 1080? My XP-80 is the heart of my studio, no doubt.

#22457 - 05/10/00 05:45 PM Re: Listen to my music
Wilkes Offline

I forgot to mention:

Perhaps it's just characteristic of the genre of "techno", but that 909-ish "4/4 ad nauseam" kick (BD) gets uninteresting quickly. Do you think using the kick in some fills or perhaps "tweaking" the kick sound (or substituting another kick sound/sample occasionally) might make things more interesting and still allow you to maintain that "pumpin'" techno feel? I like the volume of OHHs a bit lower in the final mix, too.

By the way, Maryland: I listened to a few of your "beats" a while back and they were, I guess you'd say, somewhat "dope" (or "phat"? "Groovy", at least!), but I'll now cast my vote for DJVirtualizer over you in a "Battle of the Beats" between you and him (her?)!

#22458 - 05/11/00 06:51 AM Re: Listen to my music
Matte.L Offline

Thanks Wilkes!

Yes all sounds except some bass sounds are from my 1080.
About the mix of all tracks:
And about that Bd you dont like thats a sample from rebirth.

I just recorded all into midi and then i
just record a wavefile (Stereo) in cubase vst.
So i havenīt spend much time of doing a great mix.

I dont think thats the most important.

Yes Maryland where can i find your amazing song then!!!!?????!!!!!

#22459 - 05/11/00 01:19 PM Re: Listen to my music
Anonymous
Unregistered

DJ who wilkes? Never heard of em.. But I Everybody has there own opinion... Hey wilkes how about postin some of his stuff up.. If you say he sound better than me I sure would like to hear some of his work.

And to Matte.L: well I didn't mean for my comments to sound negative.. I only thought that they sound like video game fightin music... Shoot thats exactly what they use for Sega Games... Tehcno or Euro Dance.. Electronica... Thats the only reason I said that... Didn't mean to be disrespectful...

#22460 - 05/11/00 03:15 PM Re: Listen to my music
Wilkes Offline

Maryland: Matte.L is "DJVirtualizer"; that's why I mentioned what I did in this particular thread.

Yeah, musical taste is ultimately subjective (comparatively, from one person to another) and that is why I think "DJ wars", "Battles of the Bands...or Beats", etc. are kind of silly. You know, Maryland, I like to listen to your and others' music, but I definitely prefer Matte.L/DJVirtualizer's way of letting us know that he would like us to give his music a listen: announces it and provides a link and kindly asks for feedback (and no call for a contest!). By the way, do you provide .mp3 links in addition to your real audio?

#22461 - 05/12/00 09:23 AM Re: Listen to my music
Anonymous
Unregistered

No I don't have any MP3 type stuff... I did have a web site but I think that shut down or somethin....

O well Mittle and me are in to waayyyy diffrent worlds. I would guess you would like his/her music more . Becuase I guess that your jern.. Hay do your thing though.

#22462 - 06/08/00 09:50 PM Re: Listen to my music
Wilkes Offline

Hey Matte.L/DJ Virtualizer...

I saw that you bought a Triton and posted on the Tritonica BBS. Just thought I'd let you know that I bought a Triton, auditioned it for a month, and returned it because it just didn't suit me. It was a good workstation synth and all, but its sounds were too edgy, "gurgly", and squeaky for me and the synthesis (not including MOSS), sequencer, sampler, and disk operations were not as good as what I already had in my XP80 and K2000RS. I guess I did like the Triton overall (it is nice to have everything in one machine), but like you mentioned on the other site, it wasn't worth the money to me. Perhaps people get accustomed to certain synths and new ones feel too foreign...

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you since you seemed to have felt similarly. If you cannot or do not want to return your Triton, I hope it turns out to be very useful for you...especially since new Clavia/Nord and Waldorf synths (two for the price of one Triton - or even three: Waldorf Pulse and Microwave XT + Nord Micro Modular) would sound really good in the kind of music you make. Let me know when you publish your next song on mp3.com.

#22463 - 06/09/00 12:05 AM Re: Listen to my music
Matte.L Offline

Hi Wilkes

My Triton is already for sale.
What an awful synth for those money,I cant belive it.
i canīt just return it because i bought this machine private.
Maybe iīm going for a Acces Virus.
Any experience from that synth?

Have you check my new song "Going to heaven"

#22464 - 06/09/00 03:39 AM Re: Listen to my music
Wilkes Offline

I've played with a Virus for a bit, so I know how it sounds and how it's built, but that's about it. It definitely could be considered the best virtual analog synth out there. I heard both beautiful and gritty sounds coming from it and it is built extremely well. Have you visited
www.muenster.de/~canine/virus/

yet? Download the demo songs; they're some of the best I've heard and give you a great idea of what the Virus can do.

#22465 - 06/14/00 05:22 AM Re: Listen to my music
guyb Offline

Loc: The Patch, Victoria, Australia
How do I find your music at this site??? I'm only new at this.

#22466 - 06/16/00 05:20 AM Re: Listen to my music
Matte.L Offline

Hi GuyB !

If you ment my music just click link as follows and you need Winamp or Realplayer
or other program that can play mp3 format. Then just listen to it and comments would be nice.

Thanks man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online