SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#224477 - 01/15/08 06:48 PM New Yamaha Arrangers for 2008
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I just got the email from Yamaha today letting us know what's new for this Winter NAMM show.
A replacement for the current YPG625 called the YPG635 with 64 note polypony instead of the current 32. A replacement for the current PSRE403 which will be the PSRE413 and a non weighted version of the YPG525 called the YPG534 and a 76 note version. That is all for arranger models from Yamaha at this time. I suspect if they will come out with a replacement for the current Tyros2 it will be at the Summer NAMM show, but I have no knowledge except for past history from Yamaha.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#224478 - 01/15/08 08:10 PM Re: New Yamaha Arrangers for 2008
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So is this perhaps the first chink in Yamaha's armor of arrogance against the multitude that want a 76 PSR...?

Let us only hope...

#224479 - 01/15/08 08:36 PM Re: New Yamaha Arrangers for 2008
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
George,

We've had terrific success in Atlantic Canada with the YPG625(called the DGX620), and unexpected success with the 88 note unweighted YPG525(our DGX520)...it was popular with Celtic players for fiddle accompaniment.

The PSR-E403 did very well...customers really liked the synth controls.

Maybe we'll see something similar on the Tyros3...ya never know.

Ian

#224480 - 01/15/08 08:59 PM Re: New Yamaha Arrangers for 2008
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
So is this perhaps the first chink in Yamaha's armor of arrogance against the multitude that want a 76 PSR...?

Let us only hope...

I don't think it'll change.They always had 76 low-end PSR line,but not in mid or high end (after 9000 pro).They are loosing out the market.Sad.

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Cont...D205200,00.html

if they can make a mid or high arranger with all s900 features into this type, and sell under 1700$, they might have a winner.
http://www.yamaha.com/yamah avgn/CDA/Con...RODUCT,00.html#

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 01-15-2008).]

#224481 - 01/16/08 05:49 AM Re: New Yamaha Arrangers for 2008
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I think the Tyros 3 was spotted hovering over the great state of Texas last week.

#224482 - 01/16/08 06:18 AM Re: New Yamaha Arrangers for 2008
ianmcnll Offline

Could be...they seem to have modelled the Tyos2 after a spy plane so there is a chance.

The Roland E-80 is even worse.

Ian

#224483 - 01/16/08 09:47 AM Re: New Yamaha Arrangers for 2008
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Could be...they seem to have modelled the Tyos2 after a spy plane so there is a chance.

The Roland E-80 is even worse.

Ian

They said that thing hovering over the state of Texas last week was 'silent' i.e. made NO noise. I hope Yamaha doesn't reciprocate when they release the T2 successor. You know.. 'silent' as in "dud". Far be it from Yamaha to relinquish the throne without a fight though I would think. Although by the time the T2 successor finally rolls off the assembly line in late 2008 or possibly into 2009 Yamaha's throne may have already been abdicated and they may find themselves playing catch up.

PS: Are you sure you work for Yammie Ian??

I realize you're not a full-time staffer and not really a 'true' employee of Yamaha Corp. i.e. (just used on occasion by them to demonstrate their products) but I hope they don't get miffed at you for dissing the T2 design look. >> I think what you are saying is true and I myself have never cared for the T2 look either and have told people (and Yamaha) so ever since day one. But one of their own saying the same thing?? Maybe it's that new policy of openness I read about that Yamaha instigated among their employees not long ago. Well if it is you're sure making good use of it Ian.

Best,
Mike

#224484 - 01/16/08 09:54 AM Re: New Yamaha Arrangers for 2008
Dnj Offline

Tyros 3 ...with No speakers or 76 keys will certainly be their downfall.

#224485 - 01/16/08 10:26 AM Re: New Yamaha Arrangers for 2008
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
PS: Are you sure you work for Yammie Ian??

Maybe it's that new policy of openness I read about that Yamaha instigated among their employees not long ago. Well if it is you're sure making good use of it Ian.

Best,
Mike

Mike, I've been employed with Yamaha in various ways for 26 years now...Electone teacher for about 10 and clinician for the rest...I'm on their books and have an employee number.

I have always been outspoken to my superiors(not just with Yamaha)...got me in a little hot water now and again,. but people seem to appreciate honesty above all, so most of the time it's worked in my favor.

Most of my gripes are never aired on a public forum, but that doesn't mean I don't gripe to the "powers that be"...I just want to do it effectively, not make a show of it or embarrass anyone else unnecessarily.

I always say "I'm only a spoke in a VERY big wheel" but I like it like that...not as much pressure, and I don't like pressure.

Yep, I thought both Tyros 1/2 were overdone looks wise...the t1 less so...I thought the PSR-8000 was the best looking arranger keyboard Yamaha ever made.

Perhaps it's my conservative Cape Breton nature, but I don't like swoopy designs, especially when function doesn't follow form...or the other way around.

I like the look of the S900...more cohesive and purposeful.

I thought Roland's G1000 was the best looking arranger they made.

Hopefully the T3 will look spiffy, and more purposeful...and sound great, and perhaps that will somehow make up for the lack of a 76 note keyboard...the FSX 61 note keybed will be carried over from the T2...and although the biggest clamor for the former is here on SZ, Yamaha doggedly sticks to the fact that the surveys show that the percentage wanting 76 notes is too small to warrant another line or T3 model.

Time will tell if they are right...T2 still sells extremely well, even though it's nearing the end of it's cycle....S900 is doing gangbusters in my area...T1 and 3k were the same.

I like working for/with Yamaha...they are good people, have great work ethics and treat their employees very fair and very well...even little old me.

Ian

Later addition...I think the Korg "i" series...especially the i2 and i3 were the best looking arrangers they made...very pro looking.

I think the PA-800 is butt ugly...almost cartoonish...the blue color doesn't help.

Thankfully the PA2Xpro is a very deluxe design...smooooth!

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-16-2008).]

#224486 - 01/16/08 11:43 AM Re: New Yamaha Arrangers for 2008
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
For all I care, they could dress it up in a clown's outfit... The only REALLY important things about an arranger are the styles, the sounds and the OS (and the number of keys!).

Who wants to marry a cute moron?

It's amazing that Ketron, Roland, Korg, Casio, Wersi and Lionstracs haven't all gone bankrupt. Apparently, making a 76 arranger is the kiss of death. I wonder how they have survived...? Hmmmmm.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online