SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#224325 - 01/22/08 03:18 PM Re: Can anyone tweak their keyboards jazz guitar to sound like this?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

I didn't mean to insult you, and if I did I sincerely appologize. My point was the individual guitar sounds of the jazz guitars currently found on most mid and high end arranger keyboards are superb. I have played a jazz guitar, I performed with several outstanding jazz guitarists, and those that were capable of similar fingering technichs sounded very similar to the MP3 link you posted. I only know of two or three arranger keyboard players that can duplicate the fingering technique, and yes, they can make a jazz guitar sound just like the MP3. I, on the other hand, do not have that talent, and for the most part do not have the time or patience achieve that skill level. I applaud those, such as Julio, that do have achieved this level of skill. They are indeed rare individuals.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#224326 - 01/22/08 06:22 PM Re: Can anyone tweak their keyboards jazz guitar to sound like this?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:

Hi John

That's a nice piano sound. Is that a T2 tweaked voice? If so I'd like to try that on my kb. Where did you find that?

#224327 - 01/22/08 06:37 PM Re: Can anyone tweak their keyboards jazz guitar to sound like this?
Scott Langholff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Scott,

I didn't mean to insult you, and if I did I sincerely appologize. My point was the individual guitar sounds of the jazz guitars currently found on most mid and high end arranger keyboards are superb. I have played a jazz guitar, I performed with several outstanding jazz guitarists, and those that were capable of similar fingering technichs sounded very similar to the MP3 link you posted. I only know of two or three arranger keyboard players that can duplicate the fingering technique, and yes, they can make a jazz guitar sound just like the MP3. I, on the other hand, do not have that talent, and for the most part do not have the time or patience achieve that skill level. I applaud those, such as Julio, that do have achieved this level of skill. They are indeed rare individuals.

Cheers,

Gary

Hi Gary

Thanx for your reply. It was very thourogh as always. Maybe it's because I've had the bug for several days and am a bit foggy, but it seems that I have been misread or misunderstood on this post more than once.

No, I was not refering to you, you did not insult me. That post is now gone.

I was fully aware of the excellent ability of the player and or sequencer before I posted. There are many good jazz guitar sounds on all of the keyboards at this time. I just happened to like the sound and effect of this particular sound and thought it worth checking into to see if anyone could make their jazz guitar sound like the mp3.

And yes, I do believe that the right sound(s) that really feel good when played will inspire anyone, especially someone who improvises a lot to play in a better, more inspired manner.

For example, when I played concerts on some of the top of the line Lowrey organs, I always avoided the piano sound. I was the worst clunkiest sound you could imagine. There are a number of good piano voices on all the keyboards that sound good to my touch.

I think I'll read this all again when the fever is gone to see if I missed anything in the translation

Scott

#224328 - 01/22/08 11:07 PM Re: Can anyone tweak their keyboards jazz guitar to sound like this?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Here is a simple short demo of the Sonic Cell Jazz Guitar. I used my Tyros as the controller. Note! This is NOT demonstrating any technique it is just demonstrating the "tone" of the Jazz Guitar on the Sonic Cell. I listened to the georgia brown clip and I think the tone from the Sonic Cell jazz guitar is somewhat similar. Have a listen and see what you think. PS: It's a .wav file to capture more of the true tone.

Sonic Cell Preset Jazz Guitar

This second file is a song from the web site i.e. "Sushi". At about 55 seconds into the song there is a Jazz guitar part and I arranged a different guitar patch from the Sonic Cell called the DynoJazz Guitar for the part. >>Is it real or is it sampled? PS: This one is also a .wav file and to those thinking about downloading it - I hope you have broadband... If not, you might as well fuhgeddaboudit!! Unless of course you don't mind the wait.

Sushi

Best,
Mike

#224329 - 01/23/08 12:45 AM Re: Can anyone tweak their keyboards jazz guitar to sound like this?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Mike,
Why post an ultra big wav file? even a 192Kbps mp3 would do the job

#224330 - 01/23/08 04:22 AM Re: Can anyone tweak their keyboards jazz guitar to sound like this?
jwyvern Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:

Hi John

That's a nice piano sound. Is that a T2 tweaked voice? If so I'd like to try that on my kb. Where did you find that?

I didn't find it Scott, I made it & played it

It's a custom voice (.tvn) using the preset LiveGrand as a basis but with any luck you won't recognise it.

Available, with instructions here:
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?topic=9645.0

John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 01-23-2008).]

#224331 - 01/23/08 11:24 AM Re: Can anyone tweak their keyboards jazz guitar to sound like this?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Mike,

Hi Trident
192kbps is a bare minimum for mp3, however even a 320kbps mp3 cannot produce anywhere near the quality of sound that a modern arranger/organ can produce. (Even CDs are left wanting when comparing the sound to the live keyboard, also remember that a lot of modern keyboards use greater then the 16bit, 44 kHz limits of CD)

Bill

#224332 - 01/24/08 12:54 PM Re: Can anyone tweak their keyboards jazz guitar to sound like this?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Mike,

I apologize to everyone. Since a vast amount of people in the U.S. have broadband and those numbers are growing by leaps and bounds year after year I was hoping the .wav file wouldn't impose too much of a hinderance but you are right trident I should have been more cognizant of our other fellow members who may still be on dial-up and that a 30+ MB file can take well over an hour to download and depending on the speed of a given dial-up connection it can take possibly several hours to do so. I wanted to try and preserve the quality as much as possible but for the sake of our dial-up members I will post the following .mp3 file of "Sushi". Again, the quality suffers some but hopefully you will get a pretty good idea of the Sonic Cell's DynoJazz Guitar patch at around 55 seconds into the song. Although it is different (more so) from the other jazz guitar sound I posted when comparing it to the Sonic implant "Sweet Georgia Brown" jazz guitar sound that Scott liked.

Here you go:

Sushi in .mp3 format

Note: It's about 5 1/2 Megabytes and was encoded with Sony Sound Forge 7.0 using the highest quality variable bit rate. If that means anything.

Also, I wanted to mention that I didn't pay much attention to optimizing the piano sound just the Jazz Guitar and Drums mostly.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 01-24-2008).]

#224333 - 01/24/08 06:52 PM Re: Can anyone tweak their keyboards jazz guitar to sound like this?
Scott Langholff Offline

HI MIke

Thanx, this is more along the lines again of what I was really asking in this thread. BUT, for some reason the 2 in the first post don't play. Up comes Microsoft Audio Pro Wave Editor, for some reason, I've never noticed it before. But anyway, it's like it's froze and won't play. Any clue on this?

The next post, the piano sounds pretty good, but, for some reason the guitar track is real quite so it's kind of hard to hear the guitar voice.

Scott

#224334 - 01/24/08 07:00 PM Re: Can anyone tweak their keyboards jazz guitar to sound like this?
Scott Langholff Offline

Hi John

Thanx on the piano mp3 and link. This is the kind of stuff I'd love to see more of here. This may be a good way for me (us) to check into when we get the new toy bug. And we all get that notion. To spend time on the board you've got improving on it. I look forward to try out the piano voice as it is very nice. That and some of the ideas of using a wav to sample conversion interests me. I am going to try to get a little versed in that and see if I can lift some of my favorite sounds off my old KN1000, which my father-in-law bought from me. There were many great sounds on it. The vibes are the best I've ever heard. I worked for a Technics dealer when the KN800 came out. Lionel Hampton endorsed Technics at that time and for good reason, I think. The clarinet is really smooth. Some of the organ sounds were very good also.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online