SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#224118 - 01/11/08 10:14 AM OT: Digital Camera...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Hate to be so OT with this, but I know several members also have photography as a hobby, if not as an income maker ...
I have posted this question to SONY consumer service, but have yet to get an answer ...
I have a SONY CyberShot 5 digital camera...
I gad an accident with it and the monitor screen on the back no longer functions ... Besides not being able to 'line up' a shot using the screen, or seeing the result, I also have no access to the optional settings of the camera ...
I can get by with out the screen as a 'monitor', but I obviously NEED to be able to access the settings that are only accesable through the screen ...
Does anyone know if the screen can be repaired/replaced, or is the camera 'shot' ?
BTW, the camera still takes great photos ...
thnx,
t.

#224119 - 01/11/08 10:30 AM Re: OT: Digital Camera...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Tony, if that's one of the 5MP units, you can buy a replacement on Amazon.com from $80.00. Probably not worth trying to repair it. I know it sounds like classic American 'conpicuous consumption', but sometimes you just got to be practical.

chas

#224120 - 01/11/08 01:55 PM Re: OT: Digital Camera...
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
The camera is shot indeed in my opinion. With my daughter's camera(also a cybershot) happened the same but luckely just within the guarantuee period. (two days left )
Camera was replaced by Sony, which says it all.

Fred

#224121 - 01/11/08 06:12 PM Re: OT: Digital Camera...
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Here's a place you might get some answers.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1009

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online