Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#223944 - 01/09/08 11:36 AM Re: New ideas for 2008
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
No, instead of [b]ELABORATING, why not keep this thread on the track Diki started ... let's not start the 'schoolyard crap' again ... SHEEEEESH!!!

[/B]

Noble sentiments, Tony. Why didn't you post it back here....

----------------------------------
"Diki.....
just because you think you need all these new things doesn't mean anyone else uses them or knows how, or even wants them, is this stuff gonna make me more money on stage ? I doubt it.....

------------------------------------

chas

#223945 - 01/09/08 01:03 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Noble sentiments, Tony. Why didn't you post it back here....

Chas ... My comment was not meant for any ONE person, but to ALL who might get into areas we do not want this board going (AGAIN !!!) ...
t.

#223946 - 01/09/08 01:41 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The old PSR740 had a neat feature, a button that converted ALL styles to "swing" versions. In effect it doubled the available styles. Not all worked out but most did. In other words a slow 4/4 could become a slow 2/4 shuffle with one press of the button.
DonM

#223947 - 01/09/08 02:12 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Chas ... My comment was not meant for any ONE person.......

Sorry Tony. I must have been confused by the fact that I was the only one you quoted. I guess paranoia must be another quality of us "gangbangers". Oh, and pardon me if I get offended at racial inuendo, although certainly no supprise, given the source.

chas

Oh, I think lightweight (maybe aluminum) flush-mounted adjustable legs built into the bottom of the keyboard would be new, novel, and convenient. Perhaps a small, removable, second tier that could be mounted on top of the keyboard or, better yet, built into the top of the keyboard case, flush-mounted and folding like the bottom legs. What do you think? BTW, if any manufacturer adopts this, remember, you saw it here first.

chas

#223948 - 01/09/08 02:58 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
miden Offline

Loc: The World
I also think purpose/model specific telescopic legs would be a great addition. I cannot imagine it would be all that expensive to implement and would probably only add about $100 to the purchase price. (Although some manufacturers might claim its the best thing since sliced bread and charge accordingly!!)
After all you got legs with the rhodes and cp70's amongst others.

#223949 - 01/09/08 03:09 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
cgiles Offline

When I said flush-mounted, I forgot to say FOLDING, except flush (recessed into the bottom of the keyboard case). Wasn't sure if I made that clear but that's important because it could then sit on a conventional stand or table.

chas

#223950 - 01/09/08 03:25 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
When I said flush-mounted, I forgot to say FOLDING, except flush (recessed into the bottom of the keyboard case). Wasn't sure if I made that clear but that's important because it could then sit on a conventional stand or table.

chas

Like the old farfisa of the 60's. great idea

#223951 - 01/09/08 03:40 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:

Like the old farfisa of the 60's. great idea

Darn, so much for that patent. Thanks a lot, Mike .

chas

#223952 - 01/09/08 03:51 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
Dnj Offline

Quote:

Sorry Tony. I must have been confused by the fact that I was the only one you quoted. I guess paranoia must be another quality of us "gangbangers". Oh, and pardon me if I get offended at racial inuendo, although certainly no supprise, given the source.

chas

Oh, I think lightweight (maybe aluminum) flush-mounted adjustable legs built into the bottom of the keyboard would be new, novel, and convenient. Perhaps a small, removable, second tier that could be mounted on top of the keyboard or, better yet, built into the top of the keyboard case, flush-mounted and folding like the bottom legs. What do you think? BTW, if any manufacturer adopts this, remember, you saw it here first.

chas

Chas I figured you would mistake my gang mentality statement judging by your gangbanger reply.....try a Thesaurus there are multiple meaning to certain words, btw it's :innuendo" with two "N's"

Secondly.....My old Farfisa Compact Duo had fold out legs that were very steady .....be nice to see that again on these light weight KBs for sure...
http://www.combo-organ.com/Farfisa/Compact/index.htm

#223953 - 01/09/08 04:04 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Darn, so much for that patent. Thanks a lot, Mike .

chas

But you're right with todays lighter and stronger materials an idea whose time has come, again!
I mean what did those old farfisa's weigh?

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 01-09-2008).]

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online