SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#223934 - 01/08/08 01:07 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But we've got into the wrong thread with these last comments...

How about some NEW ideas (not just ideas from some other arranger you haven't got)...

Here's another... Why not a Break/Fill for EACH variation, appropriate to the complexity of the level?

#223935 - 01/08/08 01:17 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
Dnj Offline

Diki.....
just because you think you need all these new things doesn't mean anyone else uses them or knows how, or even wants them, is this stuff gonna make me more money on stage ? I doubt it.....I'm very sure that Roland is very competent & knows exactly what they are doing or they wouldn't be in business this long. Believe me they already know & have in the works the next 10 years of new designs in motion as do all the other manufacturers......remember first comes making money for these company our concerns & wish lists follow way behind.

#223936 - 01/08/08 03:19 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Cass, your G70 covered those...but you sold it

Good news ..so will your new E-60

Fran, if you're trying to make me feel guilty you're doing a good job until I sit down at my XK-1 Oh well...

#223937 - 01/08/08 06:01 PM Re: New ideas for 2008
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Donny, just because you CAN'T think of anything you'd like (but will wait until it comes out and then you MUST have it ) doesn't mean anyone else should give up... Actually, there were a couple of positive replies to the idea, from some of our more competent members.

And, let's face it, if the PA800 had a half-time button, and nobody else had it, you would be gushing about how useful it is (and how many gigs a day you do) all over this forum. I'm sorry it isn't another mp3 player idea, it must be annoying to see suggestions about MUSICAL features and not just pre-canned backing tracks, but if you use an arranger to PLAY, rather than just as an overblown iPod (as I'm sure you do ), any idea that hasn't yet been tried on an arranger that gives a MUSICAL improvement is fine by me. MAYBE someone at Y/K/R who hasn't thought of this idea will go 'duh! why haven't we got this yet?' and start to work on it. Maybe not. But they sure aren't thinking about YOUR needs. Because, apparently, you have none (until something you haven't thought about comes out, and THEN you'll be wanting it!).

Me, I like to dream, and talk it over with fellow users. But if you don't, why not just press the 'Back' button instead of criticizing those of us willing to discuss possible improvements?

#223938 - 01/09/08 05:20 AM Re: New ideas for 2008
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
why not just press the 'Back' button instead of criticizing.....

The name of the game.....forget the MERITS of an idea, post, or musical instrument; if you don't like the poster, start the "put-downs". Classic grade-school behavior.

chas

Oh yeah, .

#223939 - 01/09/08 06:55 AM Re: New ideas for 2008
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I would like an arranger that allowed you to mute parts of a style independently on EACH variation. Why is it that if you mute parts on variation b they are muted on all variations.

While we are at it, on the G70 if you mute parts of a style and then stop and select a new style, those parts are still muted. They should reset upon selecting a new style.

Tom

Tom

#223940 - 01/09/08 08:30 AM Re: New ideas for 2008
cgiles Offline

I'd like to see "drag & drop" file handling implemented in the Korg OS utilizing the touch screen and Windows/Mac style graphics. This could be expanded to some musical functions as well. As much as I like the PA1xPro, I'm not a big fan of the non-musical functions of their OS. JMO.

chas

#223941 - 01/09/08 08:34 AM Re: New ideas for 2008
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Classic grade-school behavior.

Like gang mentality eh?

#223942 - 01/09/08 08:39 AM Re: New ideas for 2008
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Like gang mentality eh?

Not quite sure what you're trying to say here, Donny. Just so I don't misinterpret your implications, could you please elaborate?

chas

#223943 - 01/09/08 08:54 AM Re: New ideas for 2008
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

Not quite sure what you're trying to say here, Donny. Just so I don't misinterpret your implications, could you please elaborate?
chas

No, instead of ELABORATING, why not keep this thread on the track Diki started ... let's not start the 'schoolyard crap' again ... SHEEEEESH!!!

Diki ... I also would like the "half time/double time" ability, and in fact have stated that in various threads through the years ...
A lot of my work is 'background to dinner' music in country clubs, and the 'dble time' feature would be quite useful ...
I have set a couple of Panel Memory registrations on my kn6000 to 'double' the tempo of a particular rhythm/style, but it only works for certain styles ...

I think one problem is that many of us just don't know what new feature we would like until a manufacturer produces it, and then we can decide how it should be improved ...

t.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online