SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#223759 - 01/05/08 06:09 AM Re: Does anyone have a Roland E-60?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
cassp, i have been playing the E60 for a few months. before that i had an is35 from the classic korg i-series and a Technics kn2600. the E60 has some very serious shortcomings in its price range, but it strengths are unmatched.

at 28 lbs in a sleek design, it is a delight to just pick up and carry under your arm and lay on your back seat. no having to case/uncase, go on roller etc. the 76 keys make so many things easier and more pleasurable re piano, splits, layers, etc. i enjoyed my 61 before but now i am so spolied by 76 i won't go back. the key action is excellent.
it has really improved my touch. some things are very easy to accomplish and navigate, like changing sounds, mixer, etc. the cover feature is very cool. styles are limited but
i only use bass/drums and most blend nicely in the
background and are not intrusive, just supportive.

on the other hand, the tap tempo button, after an os
stability improvement, is no longer a horror but it is NOT
accurate..i never had this problem with Technics or Korg.
there is no mic input, you can only program one of the
pedals since the sustain is only sustain. and there is no
option for multipedals. the live navigation is sadly inadequate, there are so many "junk" buttons that could have been assigned to more useful purpose.

this is not a middle-of-the-road board. I happen to love its strengths so much i adjust and live with the weaknesses. there is nothing in its class that is anywhere as good as the E60 is..or anywhere as bad as the E60 is.

------------------
Miami Mo

#223760 - 01/05/08 07:53 AM Re: Does anyone have a Roland E-60?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Thanks, Mo. Having owned two current Roland arrangers, I can add that Roland is pretty good at mixing the best with the worst. I'm really interested in George's last E-60, but I have to know my 3K is sold before I can commit that much moolah for another Roland.

#223761 - 01/05/08 07:55 AM Re: Does anyone have a Roland E-60?
Dnj Offline

did you ebay the 3k already?

#223762 - 01/05/08 12:09 PM Re: Does anyone have a Roland E-60?
cassp Offline

No, SZ only. I'll wait til Tuesday and then decide if I want to sell or keep.

#223763 - 01/07/08 12:35 PM Re: Does anyone have a Roland E-60?
cassp Offline

George Kaye seems to be the only one on the SZ who has or knows of an E-60 for sale. I'm still interested, but must first sell my PSR3000.

So, if anyone has an E-60 for sale or is interested in my 3K, please drop me a line.

#223764 - 01/07/08 01:14 PM Re: Does anyone have a Roland E-60?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Cass, just get the cash out of the freezer and tell George to ship your E-60...No one has them to even look at..only CK dealers and they don't have to stock them..They rather double the investment and sell pianos

#223765 - 01/07/08 04:24 PM Re: Does anyone have a Roland E-60?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Exactly, Fran!

This is Roland's tragic mistake (one that I've heard rumors they are changing)... to relegate the entire arranger division to dealers that didn't want them, knew nothing about them, and weren't even mandated to carry them for the public to see.

A recipe for failure that a child could have foreseen. Apparently, not the doofuses at RolandUS, though...

It's not that the arrangers are bad, but they get seen and heard by so few that, firstly, 'sight unseen' is a game few (other than certain SZ members ) like to play, and secondly, they are getting into the hands of so few players that some of the OS blunders aren't being complained about by sufficient numbers to get much corporate attention and subsequent fixing. This is not to say that tremendous progress hasn't already been achieved, but a few niggles are left, and not apparently important enough to get Roland's admittedly very short attention span...

But you take almost ANY product, make it more expensive than before, and don't exhibit to the general public, and I guarantee it will wither on the vine. Roland have found this out to their cost...

As to the rumors you state, well, the return of the Chord Sequencer will make it a 'must buy' for me, but all the rest of that cr@p is just almost useless. Especially an eight track audio recorder. Sheesh, what are they thinking? Anyone that can afford something in this price range already HAS (or knows they can get) a FAR superior DAW out of their existing computer, with infinitely better editing and plug-ins. But no doubt, Roland will jump on the 'me-too' bandwagon instead of concentrating on making the ultimate ARRANGER, and they will continue to graft little-needed workstation functions onto a little improved arranger OS.

When will they ever learn... We don't need a studio in a box. We need a great ARRANGER.

#223766 - 01/08/08 08:31 AM Re: Does anyone have a Roland E-60?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Thanks, Mo. Having owned two current Roland arrangers, I can add that Roland is pretty good at mixing the best with the worst. I'm really interested in George's last E-60, but I have to know my 3K is sold before I can commit that much moolah for another Roland.

Cassp, have you actually played a Roland E-60?

If not, you certainly are a gambling man.

Good luck.

Ian

#223767 - 01/08/08 08:57 AM Re: Does anyone have a Roland E-60?
Dnj Offline

This would all be eliminated if Yamaha would produce some 76 key arrangers for those who like them talk about not being in touch with the customers!

#223768 - 01/08/08 09:01 AM Re: Does anyone have a Roland E-60?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
This would all be eliminated if Yamaha would produce some 76 key arrangers for those who like them talk about not being in touch with the customers!

Why would you say that, Donny?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online