SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#223306 - 12/26/07 03:36 PM Re: Deciding on an arranger, really need help with regards to key feel?
Y0shi Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England
Well said Diki, my sentiments exactly. I don't profess to be a great or even a good player (I get by), but it's hard to progress beyond a certain standard on poor quality keys. It is only because we all just accept the low quality of our boards that they stay this way. I've noticed a steady decline in the quality of keyboards/synths over the last few years. If they sell like hotcakes anyway, why should companies waste profit making them better?

#223307 - 12/27/07 04:25 PM Re: Deciding on an arranger, really need help with regards to key feel?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Diki,

I like that , "you play the key bed" , so true !!

Sounds like you have a real fine handle on various KB`s , would you care to chime in on the E-80 !

Thanks

Take care,
Gary 

#223308 - 12/27/07 05:20 PM Re: Deciding on an arranger, really need help with regards to key feel?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Never even seen one, sadly...

I don't set much stock in anyone else's opinions, on something as subjective as key touch (or even sound, for that matter). There is only ONE way to know what something sounds like, or feels... You've GOT to try it for yourself.

#223309 - 12/27/07 06:09 PM Re: Deciding on an arranger, really need help with regards to key feel?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Thanks anyway Diki , as far as trying one , I wish I could.

No one wants to stock any E-80`s in my area,

Take care ,
Gary 

#223310 - 01/08/08 10:56 AM Re: Deciding on an arranger, really need help with regards to key feel?
Y0shi Offline

Hi guys, sorry to be a complete nuissance but....
I managed to try out a Korg M3 the other day, they had no PA800/2X's so I couldn't try these. However I really liked the M3 key feel even though it was light. The guy in the shop said the PA800 definately has the same keybed. Can anyone shed any light on this and confirm that the PA800 has the M3 keybed in it, or was this guy lying to get a sale?
Thanks again

#223311 - 01/08/08 01:20 PM Re: Deciding on an arranger, really need help with regards to key feel?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA

#223312 - 01/08/08 02:10 PM Re: Deciding on an arranger, really need help with regards to key feel?
Y0shi Offline

Thank you for replying Bernie, i've tried googling for an answer aready though and came up with nothing lol. I'm sure someone, somewhere has both or has tried both though

#223313 - 01/08/08 03:36 PM Re: Deciding on an arranger, really need help with regards to key feel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Yoshi,

I played Roland G1000 and VA76.
Then PA1Xpro for three years and now since
a month a PA2xpro.
The Roland keybed was fine. So is PA1XproBu and PA2Xpro. The PA2Xpro is a little heavier that PA1Xpro. (half-weighted)
In my opinion Tyros 2 is fine, but synth-like.
In my opinion PA800 is not as well-built as Tyros 2.

Another thing you must know:
Many users that intensively used the sample functions of PA800 on OS1.51 have problems.
The board freezes or give error-messages.
When you use the sample capabilities of PA800, you'd better stay at OS1.o, until Korg supports a bugfixed OS.

ON PA2Xpro OS1.0 there are also some bugs, but many less that PA800.

Don't scare yourself too much when reading recent posts on www.korgforums.com > korgpa800-PA2xpro. There are serious bugs, mostly in the sample section, but I'm sure Korg will solve the soon.

As a happy Korg-user I can tell you really can count on Korg, providing many free OS-updates, even until 3 years after introduction of the board.

In your case, I think I would buy (when it has got to be a Korg) a PA2Xpro with a pair of active studio monitors.
On the PA2Xpro the dual MP3 player, 128 MB sample Ram and 40GB harddisk are standard included, and the construction and design (in my humble opinion) is much more classier that the PA800.

But, I also used to be happy with the 76 note keybeds of the Rolands.
Maybe Roland will introduce a G70 replacement soon?

#223314 - 01/08/08 04:03 PM Re: Deciding on an arranger, really need help with regards to key feel?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Y0shi:
Hi guys, sorry to be a complete nuissance but....
I managed to try out a Korg M3 the other day, they had no PA800/2X's so I couldn't try these. However I really liked the M3 key feel even though it was light. The guy in the shop said the PA800 definately has the same keybed. Can anyone shed any light on this and confirm that the PA800 has the M3 keybed in it, or was this guy lying to get a sale?
Thanks again

They do not share the same keybed..

#223315 - 01/08/08 04:25 PM Re: Deciding on an arranger, really need help with regards to key feel?
Y0shi Offline

Fran thank you, I suspected the guy was just trying to con me into a quick sale.
Rene thank you very much for your in depth and very informative post. I see now that the PA800 is definately not for me, and that the PA2X is well worth the extra money and sacrificing the speakers. I think I will definately go for the PA2X now after reading all the available info on the two. Thank you all very much for all your help, it has been a huge help.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online