Topic Options
#223225 - 12/22/07 08:52 AM Standard Guitar Demo on You Tube
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#223226 - 12/22/07 09:21 AM Re: Standard Guitar Demo on You Tube
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/?page_id=215

Scroll down to the SA concert Guitar demo.

The Scala is what, $20K?, the S900 is $1600.

You tell me which one sounds better (or better yet, ask your wives AFTER you tell them how much each one costs! )

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 12-22-2007).]

#223227 - 12/22/07 11:50 AM Re: Standard Guitar Demo on You Tube
abacus Offline

Hi Diki
What does a standard Guitar sound like on a T2

Bill

#223228 - 12/22/07 12:19 PM Re: Standard Guitar Demo on You Tube
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Standard guitar? I presume that you mean a guitar you play (as opposed to Mega voices, that are better left to program)?

The SA guitar in the S900 sounds about the same as the T2's (Ian will let us know if they are identical!).

Personally, I don't give a hoot about what you CALL the sounds. You just PLAY them, and that's what they sound like. And, sorry Bill, but those Yamaha voices DESTROY that Wersi patch, IMO. No VSTi's, no loading them in, no changing the registrations to address them, and, AFAIK, there is no SA technology in the Wersi, is there?

That whole ability for the engine to analyze whether you are playing legato or staccato, and change the samples accordingly is what makes the SA voices so realistic. And I don't care if you call them 'Standard' or SA, they are all ROM sounds. No loading, no nothing. I AM presuming that the 'Standard' Wersi guitar is a ROM sound. So here we have a direct head to head ROM sound comparison. To my ears, we have a clear winner.

At one tenth the cost.

#223229 - 12/22/07 12:42 PM Re: Standard Guitar Demo on You Tube
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Diki,

The SA voices in the S900 are identical to the ones in the Tyros2...there just aren't as many of them.

There is also a really cool SA Steel String.

The SA Concert Guitar on the S900 was one of the reasons I upgraded from my 3k...the SA Sax was another reason.

Having a voice distinguish whether you play legato or staccato (or read the intervals you play) and respond in an authentic and musical way is way cool.

Ian

#223230 - 12/22/07 04:58 PM Re: Standard Guitar Demo on You Tube
abacus Offline

Hi Diki
Wersi instruments have NO Rom sounds, also the OAS 7 (Creamware Pulsar 2(Scope) (An OEM version that is used by Wersi) sound engine, has the capabilities to do the same as the Yamaha SA, but it takes time to program. (Look to 3rd party sounds in the future, and most likely Wersi as well)
Regards

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online