SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#223195 - 12/22/07 07:55 AM New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hey folks - I am singing the "UPS Blues" this Xmas. I ordered me a shiny new (slightly used) Korg D1600 digital recorder on Ebay. After one auction was cancelled by Ebay (a scam I guess) and after being outbid on a couple others, I finally got me one via "buy it now" last weekend.

Transferred my money via PayPal. The seller sent it out promptly (on Monday) for a Wednesday (19 Dec) delivery. That's the last the thing was heard of...it never left the processing center. It was scanned in on Monday night and never seen or heard from since.

I am hoping it'll show. But even if it got put onto the wrong truck without a deaparture scan, I would think by now, it would have been located and rescanned.

Santa's bag will be lighter this year and I will be into the New Year trying to resolve this. Maybe some part time UPS guy figured out what was in my present...

For now, I will dust off my 4-track minidisc machine and be thankful I have that. Merry Xmas to y'all and hope your UPS experiences are brighter!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#223196 - 12/22/07 08:02 AM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
Dnj Offline

Possibly could be a weather related delay, what does the UPS trace come up with so far?

#223197 - 12/22/07 08:42 AM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Gee, their new TV ads promise that if it is delivered damaged, they will reimburse you, BUT THEY NEVER SAID IT WOULDN"T SHOW UP.

#223198 - 12/22/07 08:45 AM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
saxxman Offline

Hi Donnie - well, the UPS tracking status is officially displaying "exception" now. The guy that sold it to me has initiated a tracer action on it. So that will take up to 8 days for UPS to try to locate it. After that, I believe he will get a payment for the insured value (which he confirmed he had on it) and then I'm hoping he will refund me via PayPal.

I know that the 19th of the year is the busiest day of the year for UPS, and the second most busiest for UPS was yesterday (due to last minute 2nd day air deliveries).

I'm gonna keep hoping.

Well - I'm off to MD! 16 hours of driving... but at least I'll have my XM to keep me alert.

Happy holidays everyone!

Randy

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#223199 - 12/22/07 08:51 AM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
saxxman Offline

Cassp - Yeah. I'm sure they lose stuff occasionally, but with their scanning system, they should be able to keep track of them unless they are just "conveniently misplaced". I hope he didn't ship it in the original box - that could have been an invitation for someone to be naughty. Just makes me wonder though, with all the packages moving for Xmas, that you'd think if someone wanted to taks something, they'd go for the new stuff. You know... small packages from QVC and HSN.. HA HA. But it arrived in the processing center at 12:26 AM (midnight shift)...and you know what some folks say... "nothing good ever happens after midnight".. HA HA.

I'll keep hoping it just got behind a stack somewhere.

Randy

#223200 - 12/22/07 11:36 AM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I am waiting on a new keyboard..using UPS..I issued a pick up so I could be sure that I would get it the next day[yesterday morning delivery]..They never got the time to pick up the new board..very busy]..So they picked up yesterday...but...No delivery today or tomorrow..It sits in the UPS location [12 miles from me]...Monday delivery date...

#223201 - 12/22/07 12:10 PM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
saxxman Offline

Fran - maybe there's still a glimmer of hope that they just have so many boxes stacked up that they just haven't processed it yet. It's hard for me to imagine someone could get a reasonably large box out of a UPS facility. And with all the internet shopping going on, I can imagine UPS is struggling to handle the loads.

Merry Xmas! Hope your board shows soon (what'd you get?)
Randy

#223202 - 12/22/07 02:18 PM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
Fran Carango Offline

Randy I will wait till I play it..before I tell what I bought....You know...before I have to "eat crow"..

A hint..light with speakers..

Could it be that I make the Yamaha camp smile...

#223203 - 12/22/07 02:27 PM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Randy you're not the only one having UPS problems as others have said. I ordered a Roland CM30 cube amp and the item didn't seem to track properly as it usually does. I called the dealer and said they would ship another since they weren't sure it was shipped. Short story is I got 2, had to ship one back because I had purchased one locally.

I sold my Tyros2 shipped it Wednesday via UPS to NJ Short story is there have been 2 delivery exceptions. Friday's exception read:
THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL

Strange message. Couldn't find any news stories that shut down Jersey City for any reason.

#223204 - 12/22/07 02:30 PM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
Fran Carango Offline

Stephen my pick up delay was also New Jersey...but now it is sitting in the Pa storage area of UPS..

#223205 - 12/22/07 02:34 PM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
saxxman Offline

Hi Guys - Wow Fran - yes, I will wait to hear what you got before I count you in the Yammie crowd! Light + speakers = could be Yammie.

Stephen - wow. I feel better knowing that I'm not alone w/the UPS stuff going on...If they are going to be overwhelmed and understaffed, we're in the peak of it now.

I was going to drive to MD...put it off another day. Too much to do...

Take care all and enjoy the holidays!
Randy

PS - and may all your UPS resolutions be bright!

#223206 - 12/22/07 02:56 PM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Randy I will wait till I play it..before I tell what I bought....You know...before I have to "eat crow".....

Fran, is it "red"? Dual manual? Does it play real music? Is it well-built but light in weight? Little lights where those annoying drawbars used to be? No? Then you really screwed up, buddy.

Just kidding, Fran. Happy holidays and have a great 2008.

chas

#223207 - 12/22/07 02:57 PM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Randy I will wait till I play it..before I tell what I bought....You know...before I have to "eat crow".....

Fran, is it "red"? Dual manual? Does it play real music? Is it well-built but light in weight? Little lights where those annoying drawbars used to be? No? Then you really screwed up, buddy.

Just kidding, Fran. Happy holidays and have a great 2008.

chas

#223208 - 12/22/07 03:02 PM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Stephen my pick up delay was also New Jersey...but now it is sitting in the Pa storage area of UPS..

Fran Secaucus NJ is where the depot is that seems to be having the problems with my shipment of the T2. I gotta believe much of the North East traffic some how gets routed thru Jersey and at this busy time of year things can really get screwed up.

Randy makes me a little nervous that the Tyros2 is tied up somewhere not deliverable. I purchased plenty of insurance in case.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 12-22-2007).]

#223209 - 12/22/07 03:30 PM Re: New UPS Blues - Anyone Know the Tune?
Fran Carango Offline

Chas, I heard you the first time

Stephen is that near Caldwell...OH NO!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online