SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#223121 - 12/21/07 01:16 PM ENJOYING WHAT WE DO ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Reading the recent post from Russ and Steve about how they are enjoying their work, instruments, etc., I thought I would share with you the fact that over the past 4 weeks I have spent a good deal of time putting together a Christmas CD for the family.
I've recorded 25 songs and Carols using my technics kn 6000, AciD Pro 6, the digitech harmonizer, and my computer.
All the 'backing tracks' with the exception of 2 utilize the arranger styles ... the other 2 are SMFs which I 'tweaked' as necessary ...
Some of the songs have 4 or 5 separately recorded tracks on them, adding harmonies, different voices, etc.
My next step is that hopefully this weekend when all 4 grandkids are here, I will be able to record them singing along with the rest of the tracks ... I think this will be a nice 'keepsake' for them.
Again, this is a 'family ears only' endeavor, not for any other distribution and my point for this message is just that having heard the final product (it will NEVER be 'FINAL'), I am pretty satisfied with the results, even with the warts ...
I enjoyed the time I put into it (being retired from the day job is GREAT), and there is a feeling of self-satisfaction ...
t.

#223122 - 12/21/07 01:29 PM Re: ENJOYING WHAT WE DO ...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Great idea, Tony. Now you've got me to thinking that I should do something along the same lines. I know my family supports me and enjoys my music. I think I'll get started ASAP. Merry Christmas.

#223123 - 12/21/07 02:17 PM Re: ENJOYING WHAT WE DO ...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Great post Tony. My wife has been after me for years to do a Christmas CD that she can send out to all the relatives. Usually, she thinks about this in early December, about the same time the schedule goes crazy with Christmas parties every day and night. Maybe next summer before I can get to it.

Thanks,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#223124 - 12/21/07 02:57 PM Re: ENJOYING WHAT WE DO ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Thnx guys ...
Gary, while my schedule is no where near as busy as yours, one of the time constraints was playing gigs (jobs ) in between ... The fact that my wife works 3 days a week made it a little easier for me ... if I had no gig that day I would spend about 6 hours practicing and then recording ...
No knows I was doing this, and I played it for Lydia the first time last night ... One of the harmonizer voices I used was "One octave higher" ... sounded like a female ...Lydia wanted to know who it was ...

t.

#223125 - 12/22/07 12:52 PM Re: ENJOYING WHAT WE DO ...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Great, thoughtful thing to do, Tony!

All the best this season to you, Lydia and crew!

R.

#223126 - 12/22/07 04:28 PM Re: ENJOYING WHAT WE DO ...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Thnx guys ...
Gary, while my schedule is no where near as busy as yours, one of the time constraints was playing gigs (jobs ) in between ... The fact that my wife works 3 days a week made it a little easier for me ... if I had no gig that day I would spend about 6 hours practicing and then recording ...
No knows I was doing this, and I played it for Lydia the first time last night ... One of the harmonizer voices I used was "One octave higher" ... sounded like a female ...Lydia wanted to know who it was ...

t.

Are you sure there was no female working with you? Tony if you head to Java Madness on the 30th I'd love to have a copy.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online