SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2226 - 04/22/02 09:26 AM Observations about keyboardist and guitarist
optinone Offline

Loc: St. Cloud, MN USA
Yeah, so I went to this Granola 420 jamboree concert this weekend, and I noticed something about some keyboardist there, They were using guitar sounds. Not that thats a big deal or unusual, but all these bands already had guitarist. Even more Ironic, some of the guitarist had lots of effects and were trying to make there guitars into synthesizers for some psychedelic effects. I just thought it was funny, and I know they didn't do it deliberatly.
Don't get me wrong, these musicians were awesome at what they do, but shouldn't they leave the guitars to the guitars and the special effects for the synth?
Im not expecting any replies here, but if anybody else has made similar observations post a reply.

#2227 - 05/04/02 11:40 PM Re: Observations about keyboardist and guitarist
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
I'll give you my take on this. Being a piano player the last thirty years and keyboardist since the early 80's I believe that deep inside keyboard players they really would like to play a guitar. Now that some keyboards are getting better at duplicating the guitar, that gives us keyboard players a way to make believe that we no how to play the guitar. Maybe the same thing goes for the guitar player. I can play around on several instruments, but none a proficiently as the keyboard.
Well, That's my take on it. For what its worth.

Dennis Almond

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#2228 - 05/05/02 12:54 AM Re: Observations about keyboardist and guitarist
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Wow, good thing I play both... and proficiently too!

It is funny, because in my synth work, I insist on purely electronic/synthetic sounds, and for my guitar I just want distortion, wah, chorus and some reverb.

#2229 - 05/05/02 02:40 PM Re: Observations about keyboardist and guitarist
optinone Offline

Loc: St. Cloud, MN USA
Me too! I play guitar and synth, but just stick to the synthetic sounds and don't play much guitar anymore.. I also have a sampler and i sample some guitar but not much. But yeah, I agree, deep inside some guitar players are wanna be synth musicians, and some Keyboard players realize how much power the synth has and takes on the guitar sound aspect.
Synthesis is truly amazing.

#2230 - 05/06/02 11:12 AM Re: Observations about keyboardist and guitarist
DMC Offline

Loc: NY City
Quote:
Originally posted by optinone:
...Granola 420 jamboree concert ...

lol, gotta laugh at the name....
yeah, its a dead thing... the dead used to do that.......

gotta "freak" the people out, man......

DMC

#2231 - 05/09/02 06:52 AM Re: Observations about keyboardist and guitarist
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Has anyone had any great success with the Roland G8????
Just askin'....

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online