#222662 - 12/15/07 07:31 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Frank,
I possibly could if I midi them up.
SD1 melody voices with psr styles.
Or a combo of PA800 and the SD1.
The mind boggles. haahaa

Seriously though, as Dennis mentioned, the Ketron is nigh impossible to sell here in Australia, they're not well known, so why virtually give it away. I still enjoy playing it on occasions. The psr1500 again isn't worth a great deal & I do like a number of the styles. I'll just slowly convert some of them across to my PA800 & use the psr as a reference. One day I'll probably give it to the grandaughter if it's still working.
As much as I enjoyed my time with the softsynths, at times I found it a bit frustrating. Strangely I never quite had the same success with my new laptop as I did with the old.
I learnt an immense amount thanks to you & AJ. I didn't even know what a softsynth was, now I'm splicing BIAB audio drum loops to use in my PA800.
May even get to use some of the sounfonts I've collected & use them as wav files in the PA.

The Korg PA800 just seems perfect for me.
Haven't been so enthusiastic about a keyboard since my KN7000 a few years back.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
Rikki, you can't play 3 keyboards at the same time.......or can you???

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#222663 - 12/16/07 06:38 AM Re: Band in a Box 2008
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Rikki, I am just having a little fun at your expense.

The important thing is that you are having fun combining technical know-how and making music. You contribute significantly to this forum with your knowledge in both areas.

Rikki, you are right that going the softsynth route can be frustrating. It requires considerable effort to setup the hardware and associated software. However, once that is done the sound and reliability are incomparable....simply the best....at least that is what I think.

#222664 - 12/16/07 03:14 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Frank,
I know.
Just thought I'd let you know though,that all the time & effort you put into helping me set up my softsynth/software arranger setup, didn't go to waste. I learnt an awful lot.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
[B]Rikki, I am just having a little fun at your expense.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#222665 - 12/16/07 03:27 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
talk about hijacking a thread. Sorry Dreamer.

One thing I'm glad I did do , on upgrading , was to actually get the disks posted as well as downloading some of the files online.

The Real Drums & Video manuals etc are huge.

I only have a limit of 1 gig peak time at 256kps & an addition 3 gigs from 1 am to
8 am which isn't very fast at the best of times, but more than adequate for forums , emails etc.

I evently managed to download the program itself, the real sax &guitars , and 8 of the new real drum sets. I've given up on the rest till I get my disks.

So keep it in mind if ordering, may be worth paying that bit extra for delivery just for peace of mind.
I've had a few frustrating nights downloading, but I got what I wanted.
PG were helpful & gave me an extended period to try & get as many drums downloaded as I could.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online