SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#222652 - 12/14/07 10:20 AM Re: Band in a Box 2008
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi Rikki,
Another good suggestion, and they are linked to the styles tempo as well. Might eb easier than writing a whole style, although I looked at the manual last night and creating it a style on the PA seems not too difficult at all. Don't know why I ever thought it was..It was a bit trickier on the SD1+ though ...Thanks for the pads suggestion Rikki I will look at that.
Cheers
Dennis

#222653 - 12/14/07 11:58 AM Re: Band in a Box 2008
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dennis,
certainly is easier than the sd1+.
Also if a track isn't 100% perfect, you can edit it onboard, instead of having to re-record.
If you're actually planning on recording guitar tracks, checkout guitar mode. The concept is brilliant. Haven't actually tried using it yet, but I did study a couple of the onboard styles to see how it worked. May be a perfect way for you to create those elusive oz rock guitar tracks.
Function also available in pads.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#222654 - 12/14/07 06:51 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yes I did check out the guitar mode.It looks like going to be brilliant in doing power chord accomps, as well as other guitar strumming stuff. I had a bit of a muck around in the write style mode this morning, and it is really very accurate.

Rikki if I cna ask you a favour, I know its a bit presumptious, but as you are in Oz too...if you hear of anyone who might be interested in buying an SD1+ can you let me know? Assuming you don't sell them yours that is. I am having a devil of a time selling it here as the name is not well known. I have had several serious overseas enquiries, but then it comes to the freight issue, and whoa!!!!! The cheapest I can get to Europe for example is $750!! Anyway, if you can that's appreciated, if you dont want to or can't that's understood and fine as well .
Cheers
Dennis

#222655 - 12/14/07 11:59 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
have you mentioned it in the Ketron Yahoo user group?
I know at least 3 other Aussies in the group.
Maybe someone could be looking for a backup.

Unfortunately since moving up the coast , I've lost my contacts in Sydney.

Don't worry we're not competing on selling.
I'm hanging on to mine for the time being.
It's been a hard slog convincing hubby I needed 3 keyboards again. haahaa. I'm nuts, I know it.

best wishes
rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#222656 - 12/15/07 05:13 AM Re: Band in a Box 2008
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Rikki, I am surprised!!!

#222657 - 12/15/07 08:26 AM Re: Band in a Box 2008
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I've been using 2004 for 4 years now live. I enjoy the pedal bass on beats 2 and 4 at the turnarounds and the intros. I enjoy using the second variations at the bridges. For the swing standards I play w/ my tenor this works great. From the click of the play button it starts almost immediately. Same with the stop button. It stops almost immediately.

I have 2008 installed now. It takes 4 seconds to start and four seconds to stop. If I happen to click on the wrong song it will take 4 seconds to stop while playing live. This annoys me quite a bit.

My desktop and laptop are very similar. I have 500MHz and a 15GB HD. Before I spend $500 to $700 on a new laptop will someone with a faster computer check the start and stop time on 2008. If you have the same problem with delayed play and stop; I am going to get my refund for 2008 before the 30 days is up.

I really just use the rhythm section for practicing and playing live. I really like the soloist feature for learning new licks. The real sax takes too long to load. I can just choose the Dexter Gordon soloist and it does great licks on the up-tempo tunes, and it only takes a couple of seconds to create the solo. Some times I do 4’s with the Guitar soloist also. This works well with my tenor.

I didn’t have room to download the real drums. I assume they probably take quite a while to load also? This wouldn’t work live for me either. Is the real sax and drums loading as a WAV file on the HD, and that is why it takes a while for them to load?
Please if I’m missing something here, will someone straighten me out?

My main purpose for upgrading was new styles. The newer styles just don't fit the style of Jazz that I do. Again please let me know if it take 4 or 5 seconds for a song to start and stop.

Has anyone tried the chord wizard for a tune off of a CD? How did it work? 2004 doesn’t do this very well. It puts in all kinds of wrong chords on a tune with multiple chords.
Thanks a bunch for any help and time spent on this,
Boo Hargis

#222658 - 12/15/07 10:30 AM Re: Band in a Box 2008
flatfoot Offline

Loc: sacramento CA

>>>>..I didn’t have room to download the real drums...>>>

The real drums do take up quite a bit of hard drive space. I have found that I can get enough varieties of drumming to do what I want if I only use sets 1-5.

>>>...I assume they probably take quite a while to load also?...>>>

Its takes a few seconds to put together the drummer from the Real Drums loops. Less than 10 seconds for most songs.

Loading the Realsax and Realpedal takes quite a bit longer - more like half a minute. The programmers promise that an upcoming free update will show a big improvement in speed. These guys are real good at keeping their promises.

>>>>...Is the real sax and drums loading as a WAV file on the HD, and that is why it takes a while for them to load?...>>>

These instruments exist on your hard drive as a series of WAV-file loops of from 1-8 bars each. There are text files that instruct the program which loops to select and load as each song is created. It is this selecting and loading that is executed each time the song is regenerated. This is what causes the wait. The wait can be completely avoided by generating the song once, then choosing "replay" (not "play") so that you get the same "Real" part every time.

#222659 - 12/15/07 02:33 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Boo,
mine starts & stops immediately, even using real drums.
Currently I've got tht count in disabled.

Just tried it with th sax soloist demo took approx 5 seconds to generate from scratch.
Once it's loaded, when I press the play button, ( not replay) it's ready to go with the rest of the tracks.

The Real guitars seem to work differently
The Real Guitar demo takes approx 6-7 seconds for it to start. It regenerates everytime I press play. Stops immediately. If I press replay it starts & stops immediatly.
The Pedal demo took approx 11 seconds to generate.
It has Real guitar & Pedal steel.

The more "Real Instruments" in the song, & the length of the song, the longer it takes to generate.

I a one year old laptop.

XP Dell core duo 1.66ghz 2gig.

My BIAB2008 with all the Real Drums etc now takes up about 20 gigs of space.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brickboo:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#222660 - 12/15/07 03:39 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Frank,
actually knowing that I'm nuts, or that I've ended up with 3 keyboards again. haahaa

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
Rikki, I am surprised!!!

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#222661 - 12/15/07 05:53 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Rikki, you can't play 3 keyboards at the same time.......or can you???

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online