SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#222642 - 12/11/07 03:32 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Rikki
The MP3 card records anything coming into it. Whatcha hear is what it records. It plays any MP3 from any source. I download MP3 backing tracks and alter the tempo and key in the pc with Key Shifter(although I can change tempo in PA800). I put them in a mem stick and they are instantly recallable and linked to registration and lyrics, if I like.. These I put in the Songbook like any other song.

I upgraded to BIAB because I want to keep currant. I will wait on Mega or superpak until I get up to speed.

Thanks for your input.

Bernie

#222643 - 12/11/07 06:25 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi Rikki,
Some questions if I may... I have checked out the BIAB 2008 web page and it really does look like a good bit of gear. I have BIAB 11 I think, aso I have a bit of an idea about what it does. As you know I have recently go the PA2xpro which has excellent drums, but what I was thinking was would BIAB be good for CREATING styles to use on the PA? The PA has a solid style creation engine, but do you reckon BIAB would be easier? I want to create styles for that unique thing called Oz Rock..Angels Chisels, Divinyls etc etc...any thoughts?
Thanks
Dennis

#222644 - 12/12/07 02:15 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bernie,
wow, that's brilliant. I'll definately have to check out the mp3 option.

It would be great to have the option of using either BIAB's mp3 recording mode which I've only ever tried with a softsynth to date,
or better still use the audio inputs of the PA800 & record the backing tracks from my other keyboards & Biab.
Makes me wish I'd recorded some of my old KN7000 songs as mp3 backing tracks before I sold it. It had the perfect setup up with it's audio recording software.
One can be wise in hindsight. haa haa
best wishes
rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#222645 - 12/12/07 03:33 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
you can create styles for the pa from BIAB styles using the smf import/export.

If your're asking would it be easier to create styles in BIAB then convert them to PA , personally I don't thinks so.

The BIAB stylemaker has certainly improved with the midi to style function, plus you can mix n match style parts to create new styles, but if you're trying to start totally from scratch, maybe not that easy.
I've tried , but I found the settings a tad confusing. I prefer the PA's stylemaking functions anyday.

If you check out the stylemaker option in BIAB, you'll notice styles are made up of dozens of parts, plus you don't really get the oportunity of doing great intro's and endings like you can in keyboards.
It works differently to style creation on keyboards.
You'd really be doubling up on your job.

The PA's style editing/creation functions are brilliant. Plus you have the ability to import/export midifile tparts to a pc sequencer.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Hi Rikki,
Some questions if I may... I have checked out the BIAB 2008 web page and it really does look like a good bit of gear. I have BIAB 11 I think, aso I have a bit of an idea about what it does. As you know I have recently go the PA2xpro which has excellent drums, but what I was thinking was would BIAB be good for CREATING styles to use on the PA? The PA has a solid style creation engine, but do you reckon BIAB would be easier? I want to create styles for that unique thing called Oz Rock..Angels Chisels, Divinyls etc etc...any thoughts?
Thanks
Dennis

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#222646 - 12/12/07 05:58 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
miden Offline

Thanks heaps Rikki, that answers my question perfectly
Cheers
Dennis

#222647 - 12/12/07 07:13 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
have you found any brand of keyboard that has styles to suit the oz rock bands?
If I rememember correctly the sd1 styles didn't really suit either. Did any of the psr styles work for you.

BIAB has heaps of rock styles with it's supa or mega paks, but again I wouldn't know if any of them would suit. Have you checked out BIAB's demo's?

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#222648 - 12/12/07 07:40 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
miden Offline

Hi Rikki,
No the SD wasn't quite there. Neither is the PA1x, the PA2X the Yamahas and Rolands. Most of them have drums that are useable but for some reason the bass patterns and guitar patterns are just not quite right, you know what I mean? I dont know, maybe I am being too fussy. I listened to some demos of BIAB, and you can sort of hear something there that might be okay, which is why I asked the question. But you are correct the creation engine on the PA is very good so I will just have to (FINALLY) get to it, extract the digit and write some..I mean after all, its really only some bass patterns and some guitar patterns that are required so it might not be too difficult. My motivation is what's difficult as I have excellent MIDI file versions and I think, why should I bother with style versions? But they do give more flexibility in playing live I guess...anyhoo.
Thanks
Dennis

#222649 - 12/13/07 12:48 AM Re: Band in a Box 2008
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Dennis
Why not convert some of your Rock Midi files into a style, that way you will have the best of both worlds.
Just a thought

Bill

#222650 - 12/13/07 01:22 AM Re: Band in a Box 2008
miden Offline

Hi Bill,
Yes that would be a good solution, and one that I think warrants some further investigation, so thanks for raising it. I will investigate how easy (or not!) it is to do that using the PA2x.
Cheers
Dennis

#222651 - 12/13/07 10:46 PM Re: Band in a Box 2008
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
our PA's do have midifile to style function, but it won't work for "variations" if the "song based" midifile has chord changes in the section you want to use for your variation..

A strange way around it could be to do it via omb software. ie use midi to style function . OMB will transpose the notes so that there is only a single chord type in the section. Save as psr style.
Change the .sty extension to mid & you have a midifile.

Have you actually considered doing pads for your guitar & bass tracks?
Pads have most (if not all) the same great editing functions as the styles.

If you created pads, you'd be able to audition them with onboard styles, mute the existing bass & guitar & find which styles your pads will work with. Then use the copy "pad to style" to create your new style.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online