SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#222229 - 11/30/07 04:36 AM Re: Loading midifiles on the E80
Runedog Offline

Loc: Grimsby, North East Lincolnshi...
Diki, actually you are right so, here goes:

I was a pro drummer for many years and have just (up to now anyway) dabbled with keyboards. My first keyboard was a Korg so I guess this is why I took myself back along this route with the purchase of the PA800.

I have owned several Roland products in the past and I really like their build quality and I find them easy to navigate etc. Taking into account that I am registered blind (although I do have limited sight) navigation etc really has to figure highly with me.

Anyway, after using the Korg for awhile I kept getting pulled back to the E80. Although many Korg users told me I could do loads more with the PA800 (which I did not doubt) my main criteria was just to enjoy playing keyboard.

On receiving my E80 I must say it was the right move for me: The navigation around the keyboard I personally find easier than the Korg. The touch-screen is easier on the eye, brighter and, the reassuring 'click' you get whenever you select something just adds to the class of this keyboard.

I personally find the keys feel better than on the Korg board. The aftertouch seems more precise and the keys seem to have a more expensive feel to me. I can now understand why many Roland users rave about the feel of the keys on the G70, this is a keyboard I am looking to get as well as my E80.

Soundwise: I have heard some negative reviews on the forum regarding the G70 sounds. Well, again, and this is my personal opinion, I find the E80 sounds superior to the Korg PA800! Its all a matter of taste I know, and, having said this, I tried and did not like the Yammy Tyros 1 either. Cannot speak for the T2 has I have never tried this board.

The default piano on the E80 far surpasses the PA800's default piano to my ears too.

Again, may I repeat, this is only my opinion

#222230 - 11/30/07 05:58 AM Re: Loading midifiles on the E80
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Runedog,

Thank you for your review.

I`m glad to hear that the keys are A-OK and have a good feel to them.

Is there any "play or slop " to them or are they tight.

Glad to hear you like the touch screen . I have heard that it is one of the best.

The buttons , do they also have a good tight feel and that sliders and they tight and solid as well ?

Sorry for so many questions , but as I have said there are no dealers in my area that carry , either the E-80 or the Pa800.

The most advanced arranger I could get my hands on was the Tyros 2 , and even then it was not hooked up to the Yamaha speaker system , nut one make shift monitor.

For some reason N.E. just don`t like arrangers

Anyway , best of luck to you and have fun with your E-80 !!

From what I have read , it is an amazing A-K/B

Take care,
Gary 

#222231 - 11/30/07 06:49 AM Re: Loading midifiles on the E80
Runedog Offline

Hi Gary

I don't find any 'slop' what you refer to on the keys: The buttons, I personally find better than the pa800. They seem very firm and they light-up beautifully as do the T2 buttons.

The only drawback on Roley boards is that the knobs, i,e, volume etc, can come off and could get lost so my advice is to keep an eye on these; I encountered this on previous Rolands I had.

Where I do think the Korg scored was of course the USB port on the front panel. This was great for loading midis; I really miss that.

Take care buddy

#222232 - 11/30/07 07:21 AM Re: Loading midifiles on the E80
Dnj Offline

Whats a Midi

#222233 - 11/30/07 07:27 AM Re: Loading midifiles on the E80
Runedog Offline

>>Whats a Midi<<

Somewhere between a mini (oh yes, yes) and a Maxi - not so good for leg men

#222234 - 11/30/07 12:56 PM Re: Loading midifiles on the E80
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hey Runedog ,

ROFLMAO , that was a good one !!

Thanks for your help , I sent you an e-mail.

Take care,
Gary 

PS:
The slop or lateral key feel was so bad on one of my old Yammy`s that the keys started rubbing together !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online