SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#221936 - 11/28/07 03:48 PM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
chas, I was referring to clones that DO use drawbars (what everyone was bitching about!). I know about the LEDs on Nord's, and consider them an advantage over other clones. Yes, XK-1 and Korg clones have a digital display, but it is quite small, and hard to see, The Nord LED's can't be missed!

Having an easily readable preset display allows you to lay into a new sound with confidence it is the right preset, rather than squinting at a tiny LCD to see what registration you have called up, IMO...

I am trying hard to get our studio owner to buy one of these. We have a Korg CX3 (new type), and it is OK, but the C1 is just SO much better....

#221937 - 11/29/07 03:07 AM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
N9FAL Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Mark
I brought my MPP to the Technics Jam in Central Florida when Scott Yee flew in a couple of years ago. There was a young man from Orlando named Mark there, and we discussed the MPP. I am wondering if that was you.
Bernie

Yes Bernie, That was me.

That was a great event in April, 2005.

Mark

#221938 - 11/29/07 03:14 PM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I think maybe like a few of the other members I received my Xmas present early this year in the form of a Korg PA800.
I'm hoping to maybe get the mp3 board if it's available here. Have to do some checking.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#221939 - 11/29/07 04:19 PM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The PSR-S900 was my little gift to me, and I'm planning on a set of speakers for my laptop as well.

Ian

#221940 - 11/29/07 09:41 PM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I'm planning on a set of speakers for my laptop as well.
Ian

get Two CM30's

#221941 - 11/29/07 11:06 PM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Just finished a Jazz Performance and Improvisation college course and statring to play a lot more jazz venues so my gift to myself this year is a Kurzweil SP76 piano
http://www.soundtech.co.uk/kurzweil/sp76

Looked around at a few light weight models...this one caught my attention...we'll see how it lives up to http://www.soundtech.co.uk/kurzweil's reputation.

Noel J

#221942 - 11/30/07 03:06 AM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I had an early Christmas,also. I bought my PA800,which I dearly love, and two CM-30's.
I just received my MP3 card, which is great. I now can record my total performances,including vocal, as well as importing music, all in my Songbook. Thanks to Donny for getting me going.
Bernie

#221943 - 11/30/07 05:22 AM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
get Two CM30's

Great suggestion, Donny..two CM30's would be cool, but would take up too much space as well as be a bit too expensive.

I'm going with a simple 2.1 setup...probably Logitech X-230 Speakers.

If I want lots of oomph, I could always hook up the laptop to my Yamaha MS60 powered monitors....yeehaw!

#221944 - 11/30/07 08:44 AM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Originally posted by Fran Carango: "the biggest downer for me is the lack of drawbars..If you are trying to imitate a B3 ..they should have added another $200 and gave us drawbars..."real ones"..."

If you want physical Drawbars how about the Hammond XK-3c? You get two 9 (Upper and Lower) plus 2-Pedal for the price of one. Not a dual manual of course but your physical Drawbar needs will have been met.

It is also 2.2 lbs less in weight then its predecessor. It also has an improved Leslie rotary effect and MIDI implementation for controller keyboard use.

KEYBOARD 73 (61+12 Preset Keys)
Water-fall Keys with Velocity
DRAWBARS 3 sets of Drawbars, 9-Upper, 9-Lower, 2-Pedal
SOUND GENERATOR Vase III sound generator creates 96 digital Tone-wheels™.
Tone-wheel™ leakage-noise and motor-noise are adjustable wheel by wheel.
PRESETS Original B-3 reverse-colour preset-keys
11 Presets x 12 Banks + Cancel
POLYPHONY Full polyphony (unlimited)
LESLIE© Advanced digital Leslie© and scanner vibrato
PREAMP & OVERDRIVE New dual tube amp for pre-amplification and Leslie© overdrive
REVERB 10-Modes, Leslie reverb
TONE CONTROL Bass, Mid range, Treble, B-3 Tone Control
SUSTAIN Pedal Drawbars
WHEEL Pitch Bend, Modulation
PANEL CONTROLS LESLIE©: Slow/fast, on/off, break/thru, effect, send/return

Vibrato/Chorus: Upper ON, Lower ON, V1, V2, V3, C1, C2, C3 with 6 position rotary knob, Tremolo, emphasis and depth can be adjusted

Percussion: Second, third, decay fast, soft

Control: Reverb, Manual bass, Split, User (pedal sustain), Demo

Assignable controller for MIDI instrument: Upper 1,2,3, Lower 1,2, Pedal, on/off, Value knobs

Effect: Tube amp, Tone type, reverb on

Display switch: Page up/down, parameter value +/-, rotary-encoder, Menu/exit, play, rec, bank

Volume control: Master volume, tone control, tube overdrive
DISPLAY 20-Character, 2-Line back-light LCD
TERMINAL

AC-input, Line out L/R, 11-Pin Leslie©, Effect send, Return/Line in, Midi IN1/IN2/OUT/THRU (Addition of lower keyboard and/or pedal possible via midi), Headphone, Foot-switch/Leslie©-switch, Expression pedal (EXP-100F with Leslie©-switch).
CARD SLOT CompactFlash™ Card slot
POWER SUPPLY 230V (CE), 240V (BS)
DIMENSIONS 119cm(W) x 40cm (D) x 12cm (H)
WEIGHT/FINISH 18,5Kg / Walnut finish

PS: It's suppose to be at online retail stores around the middle of December.

Best,
Mike

#221945 - 11/30/07 08:48 AM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Oops! I didn't think the pic would be so big. I can't edit my post so if you read this Nigel could you delete the pic (not the post though ) and I will get a smaller pic to re-post if necessary.

Best,
Mike

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online