Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#221787 - 11/21/07 06:10 PM Re: g70 questions
Dnj Offline

Tom you have mail

#221788 - 11/21/07 06:24 PM Re: g70 questions
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
All the latest manuals, and update instructions are available at roland-arranger.com. There are fora where users post self created user styles, there too, along with sound tweaks, and UPGs, etc..

Come on down...!

#221789 - 11/21/07 06:30 PM Re: g70 questions
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And, actually, I prefer the PDF manuals, as they are more easily searchable than printed ones. The index is OK, but not comprehensive, so an electronic search will often give you pages that the index forgets.

Why no paper manual (you need SOMETHING for the 'smallest room'!)? You buy it from a dealer? He owes you one...

Most of the frustration that comes from moving manufacturers comes from wanting to do something the same way one always has, but in truth, as long as it CAN be done, you can get used to anything... It just takes a little time and patience.

First things first, Tom... I would read up and learn as much as you can about saving UPG registrations. And then putting them in the Set List. Then, whenever you get the G70 the way you like it, save as a UPG, and all your hard work is recallable... After that, we'll get down to the nuts and bolts, OK?

#221790 - 11/21/07 08:23 PM Re: g70 questions
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Hasn't it occurred to anyone that many users don't do well with manuals. I, for one, am more of an audio learner and also do better when I can see what someone is talking about. Or when someone answers the question directly as I asked it, not something similar in a book. It's not that I can't or won't read the manual, but that reading it doesn't give the needed result. I would much rather ask a knowledgeable SZ member how to do something than try to figure it out from reading the manual - that doesn't work for me. What surprises me is that the Roland owners seem to be the RTFM people. Yamaha's strength is in its easier OS and large 3rd party help base.

#221791 - 11/21/07 08:39 PM Re: g70 questions
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Cass, that's not true..I don't believe I ever told a fellow user to read the manual to a direct question...I may answer[if I know the answer] , and confirm my answer with a page number from the manual..

Now you must admit we all know people that rather ask a question instead of searching the answer in the manual..

Most of my friends are like that...not mentioning names or references [like new pop pop]..."D

#221792 - 11/22/07 07:18 AM Re: g70 questions
Dnj Offline

The manual is a good addition to your already knowing knowledge of how arrangers or any unit works depending on your experience....it is not an only source to learning a unit...most are written poorly.
Some day when these manufacturers start to include all Level Instructional QUALITY Produced DVD's for all their products, sales will increase, end users will find more enjoyment in their units, music will flourish & people will be happy because they can learn more about their instrument by watching & reading combined.

#221793 - 11/22/07 09:45 AM Re: g70 questions
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Some day when these manufacturers start to include all Level Instructional QUALITY Produced DVD's for all their products, sales will increase, end users will find more enjoyment in their units, music will flourish & people will be happy because they can learn more about their instrument by watching & reading combined.

Probably won’t be good for the manufactures, (And is probably why they don’t include them) as if uses find they can achieve what they want with their existing keyboard, why should they upgrade. (Not good for sales)
In an Ideal World every board would come with a DVD, but unfortunately we live in the Real World.

Bill

#221794 - 11/22/07 01:02 PM Re: g70 questions
Dnj Offline

Bill its a sad state of affairs regarding this topic for sure...again its all about Money to hell with the buyer once the soak you as usual.....it really sux...Wersi open architecture & upgradable OS does address some of these issues but not all. Seems like a big marketing game that keeps revolving year after year while they all laugh their way to the bank, for example after the T2 there was no need for a S900 which is so close to the 3k..they could really took it up a notch with a much better featured unit for sure ....but I guess they had to sell all the left over parts & bait everyone with a few Sa voices etc etc ...so now in a year or so they will come out with something so called new and it all starts all over again! Round & Round we go to the poor farm....at least if you make a living playing these things you recoup your initial purchase investment many times over....but the home player gets skunked every time. Lets see what is in store in the next few months after NAMM.

Take care

#221795 - 11/23/07 08:10 AM Re: g70 questions
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Folks, I've decided to keep the G-70 around for doing film score roughs. I'm not going to gig with it, but it will be a useful tool to access rythems and sounds for the work I do. It will stay set-up and that will eliminate shifting equipment around at that point in the process of film production. The equipment I use out is in a different area of the warehouse , left at a house job or in a vehicle. The product using a G-70 will be more than sufficient to do the roughs like the one I just sent Donny. And I'm sure it is a superior performance board for many.

Like I said, it's all a matter of personal tastes, and the G-70, while a much better than average board, isn't for me. It'll be a good work board, though. If Donny posts the rough I sent him, you'll see what I mean.

Diki, I REALLY appreciate your input and admire your commitment to your craft. I think it would be a ball to do projects together.

Knowledge and passion are admirable traits.
Taike and Chas are friends, and I know you've had run-ins with both of them, which bothered me. This proves, however, that you can make your points in an intelligent sustainable way, even when there is a fundamental disagreement involved, and do it with class.

Thanks,

Russ

#221796 - 11/23/07 08:19 AM Re: g70 questions
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Cass, that's not true..I don't believe I ever told a fellow user to read the manual to a direct question...I may answer[if I know the answer] , and confirm my answer with a page number from the manual..

Now you must admit we all know people that rather ask a question instead of searching the answer in the manual..

Most of my friends are like that...not mentioning names or references [like new pop pop]..."D

Fran, you are absolutely right. YOU have never been one of those RTFM guys. Your advice has always been helpful and to the point. Thanks for your help and friendship.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online