SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#221694 - 11/20/07 09:03 AM Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Dnj Offline

I was talking to someone who lives in a community where I have performed many times in years past......New Years Eve came up in our chat & I asked who is performing for you this year being Im already booked? She said "Oh this year we are getting a "JUKEBOX Service" that rents CUSTOM selected styles on songs & music. You simply tell then what kind of music you want & they LOAD the Jukebox with many of the songs you like....then the audience can pick & choose selections all night long for less then what you would pay for an OMB Entertainer, Band, or DJ, etc....
http://partyjukes.com/

Watch out people !!

#221695 - 11/20/07 10:17 AM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Maybe like other things in life, the 'music scene' will be cyclical, and at some point BANDS will replace jukeboxes ...
t.

#221696 - 11/20/07 12:09 PM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
then the audience can pick & choose selections all night long for less then what you would pay for an OMB Entertainer, Band, or DJ, etc....

There's a potential conflict coming up amoungst the audience.
Drunk 1 , wants country
Drunk 2 , wants rock
Drunk 3 , wants pop
Drunk 4 , wants hip hop
etc....
Drunk 10, destroys the jukebox

I would think twice if I was her....

Fred

#221697 - 11/20/07 01:13 PM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hey, we've survived DJ's, Karaoke, Soloists playing over tracks (some of us even survived disco).

Just another element to contend with. There are lots of music opportunities Not related to public performance at traditional venues(film scores, commercial music for jingles, etc.).

R.

R.

#221698 - 11/20/07 01:47 PM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Hey, we've survived DJ's, Karaoke, Soloists playing over tracks (some of us even survived disco).

Actually, from reading here, many of us DIDN'T survive these things (except disco!).

We turned into them...

#221699 - 11/20/07 01:55 PM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Dnj Offline

Fred....
I doubt this woman would be inebriated shes in her 80's.....not all parties involve drunken behavior, especially here in NJ with very strict Drinking laws....maybe they can choose a Designated Jukebox Player for the evening Dont be fooled, between all the alternatives available for music such as iPOD DJ Artists, K Artists, family member artist, & every other wannabe many people look for price first over quality......dont be a copycat find your niche, & do it well...or look for a day job YUK!!

#221700 - 11/20/07 03:44 PM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:

Just another element to contend with. There are lots of music opportunities Not related to public performance at traditional venues(film scores, commercial music for jingles, etc.).

R.

R.

DITTO!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#221701 - 11/20/07 06:32 PM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
For the first time this year we booked a couple of weddings where they just wanted a sound system and a way to plug in their ipods. Of course they wanted it delivered and setup and torn down but for the price they could have had entertainment.

#221702 - 11/20/07 06:43 PM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
For the first time this year we booked a couple of weddings where they just wanted a sound system and a way to plug in their ipods. Of course they wanted it delivered and setup and torn down but for the price they could have had entertainment.

So Im not crazy eh?

#221703 - 11/21/07 05:16 AM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:

I read a an article that I think was published in the NY Times about the same topic. DJs were concerned because they were starting to lose business to " Do-It-Yourself " ipoders at weddings.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online