SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#221583 - 11/19/07 01:35 PM Re: Were Back, Thanks Nigel, Here's a video to welcome everyone back
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vagro:
[B]Very impressive! I just wonder why such a wonderful and expensive organ is so unstable when she plays the keyboard hard.

Answer - She likes to Rock!!!!!!!

#221584 - 11/19/07 05:41 PM Re: Were Back, Thanks Nigel, Here's a video to welcome everyone back
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, and yes, I think that was a great performance of the material on a VERY good sounding keyboard...

BUT.... Is it just me, or was that some of the hokiest tune selection and presentation you've seen? I don't want to kick a gift horse in the mouth, but, in all fairness, I would never pay money to go and see something as corny as that.

It's obvious that the Wersi itself is capable of sounding amazing (as it OUGHT to at those prices!), but I have still yet to hear one in the hands of someone capable of not 'cheezing' it up to the point of nausea! What we need is someone young and talented that is capable of taking the MUSIC to a new level, NOT trotting out the old chestnuts and giving them a 21st century veneer, IMO.

Now, before I get shot let me point out I've played many of those tunes in the distant past, but music moves on. Audience tastes move on. And, unless a new generation of organ and arranger players come out and don't pander to the remaining, older organ music fans, we are going to see the continuing slide in organ and arranger appreciation, to the point where ONLY this kind of stuff gets heard, and the younger generation just completely ignores it.

Obviously, the Wersi (and, in all fairness, just about ANY TOTL arranger) is capable of playing MUCH more contemporary and hip music types, but you just don't see anyone actually DOING it! Where is the 'new guard'? Where is the cutting edge? Where are the young and talented players playing their OWN music styles?

To see such a talented player, and such a great instrument churning out 'In a Monastery Garden' and pabulum like this, although entertaining (from a skill and sonic viewpoint, at least), it is a disservice to the future of the organ as a popular instrument, I fear. If we want a whole new generation of organ and arranger players to come up, and keep the industry healthy (for us ), we need to see players step up and play something a bit less clichéd...

So, no arguments about the skill and sound of the presentation, just some thoughts about whether this OUGHT to be the future of organ music... If we WANT a future, that is.

#221585 - 11/20/07 06:50 AM Re: Were Back, Thanks Nigel, Here's a video to welcome everyone back
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Bill , thanks for sharing the video .
I really enjoyed the music !! and the lady can certainly play that wersi !!!

Can someone tell me the name of the first tune claudia opens up with on the video ......please .

Does any one know if Wersi produce an expander module ? for use with a midi accordion ??

Regards ........Giovanni

#221586 - 11/20/07 07:33 AM Re: Were Back, Thanks Nigel, Here's a video to welcome everyone back
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:

Can someone tell me the name of the first tune claudia opens up with on the video ......please .

I believe it is the theme from the movie "Mission Impossible"

Ian

#221587 - 11/20/07 10:12 AM Re: Were Back, Thanks Nigel, Here's a video to welcome everyone back
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I believe it is the theme from the movie "Mission Impossible"

Ian

Yes ... and the TV show before the movie .....
t.

#221588 - 11/20/07 10:56 AM Re: Were Back, Thanks Nigel, Here's a video to welcome everyone back
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
Hi Bill , thanks for sharing the video .
I really enjoyed the music !! and the lady can certainly play that wersi !!!

Does any one know if Wersi produce an expander module ? for use with a midi accordion ??

Regards ........Giovanni

Hi Giovanni
Both Ian and Tony are correct, it is indeed the theme from Mission Impossible.
The main UK dealer can be contacted here http://www.harmony-music.co.uk and the Expander is called the EX1, if you wish some more demos and OAS details, pop over to my other Synthzone Post. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/016545.html

Hope this Helps

Bill

#221589 - 11/20/07 02:03 PM Re: Were Back, Thanks Nigel, Here's a video to welcome everyone back
Dnj Offline

That was super!

I enjoyed her performance alot, she looked like she was having the time of her life for sure! She also made the audience very happy & thats what its all about.

Thanx for posting this Bill.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online