SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#221369 - 02/20/02 07:17 AM PSR2000 Version 1.20 question
Beakybird Offline

I really like being able to freeze the left voice on a style. Let's say that I have strings backing up an internal style. Let's say I change to an OTS that has a different or no left voice. Is there any way to freeze this with version 1.20?

I would much rather have my slightly bugged PSR2000 version 1.00 than to have the bug fixed and not be able to freeze the left voice throughout all OTSs.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Larry

#221370 - 02/20/02 08:02 AM Re: PSR2000 Version 1.20 question
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Beakybird (Larry): I also like being able to freeze the left voice and be able to select 'other' main/layer voices (via ots or reg buttons) to go with it.

The ONLY 'reason' this works (as a result of our slightly bugged(?) OS version) is because the 'left voice' is saved in the 'style' parameter section and not in the 'voice' parameter section of Registration Memory 'Contents'. I believe that (with the 1.10 and 1.20 subsequent update as well) that the 'left voice' is now stored with the 'voice' parameter section (where main/layer voices reside). As a result, it would be no longer possible to 'freeze' the left part the way we can now.

I hope (as Beakybird Larry does) that PSR2000 owners who have 'main program' version 1.10 or 1.20 would check to confirm this on their keyboards and report their findings here. I believe Linda Fus, Carlos Rodrigues, as well as others here, have this later 1.10 or 1.20 version so I'm hoping to hear something from them.

You can all easily check your PSR2000's OS version by pressing/holding C#2, F2, G#2 simultaneously (C#maj triad chord) while turning on the keyboard. Use Tempo + / - and Star/Stop (Accompaniment) buttons to perform the various tests (main boot, main program, etc). The important one to check is: Main Program.

Thanks, - Scott

#221371 - 02/24/02 07:11 AM Re: PSR2000 Version 1.20 question
Fabien Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Scott,
I'm with 'main program' version 1.10 and left voice is still saved in the 'style' parameter section.
Fabien

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online