SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#221284 - 03/10/03 01:57 PM Re: One man band Vs. RMCA
Roddey Offline

Loc: Wagga NSW Australia
I have been trying out one man band and live styler recently .One handy feature that I liked in live styler was the way the available variations lit up the corresponding buttons on the screne when a style was loaded-so you instantly knew what variations etc was available.One cool feature in one man band was the ability to output a midi file from a recording done.You can do this with live styler but you need to use Hubris device and a sequencer to do it(at this stage).They are both great programs though and are both improving with each version

#221285 - 03/11/03 02:07 PM Re: One man band Vs. RMCA
keyskitten Offline

Loc: Dickinson, Texas, USA
How to play ONE MAN BAND with you synth's sounds (for the person who said he couldn't use it because of "local off')

You have to know your MSB and LSB numbers and enter them into the "voice" screen -- this should allow you to play any voice as the lead voice. Should be in your synth's manual.

Sure, the style voices will playback with your GM banks -- but, you can change these *later* to the better sounding voices on your keyboard (for recordings).

Perhaps this could be a new feature in a new One man band, allowing for setting of style's voices to those other than GM or XG based? (by LSB/MSB method?)

Cathy

#221286 - 03/12/03 04:03 AM Re: One man band Vs. RMCA
Jos Maas Offline

Loc: Hantum, The Netherlands
Cathy,

I think Charley meant, that when you don't switch the synth to LOCAL OFF, then you will hear the sound of the attention key and the variation triggers. There will be an alternative for these keys in the next version.

You can select banks in styles by putting controller 0 and 32 values before a patch change. If you use OMB in GM mode these controllers are ignored because the selected banks don't match your non-XG synth. But if you use styles that you have made or edited yourself you can use OMB in XG mode on any type of synth.

JM

#221287 - 03/13/03 09:31 AM Re: One man band Vs. RMCA
Recorder Offline

I began this post, and now I believe that One Man Band is probably better than other arranger software. So, in One Man Band's home page I found links to download Yamaha's styles; are all styles compatible with OMB? Or, must I use only styles built for particular keyboard? And, have you other good link for these styles?
Thank you very much.
Recorder.

#221288 - 03/13/03 03:39 PM Re: One man band Vs. RMCA
Jos Maas Offline

Loc: Hantum, The Netherlands
OMB is compatible with all Yamaha styles. If you select GM mode, you can use it with any synth including PC soundcards and soft synths. New Yamaha styles related sites can be discovered thru the Yamaha-PSR-Styles forum at Yahoo.

JM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online