SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#221221 - 11/12/03 01:05 PM New Joe Waters pages
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Joe Waters has recently spent an enormous amount of time reconstructing his PSR Totorial site, and his efforts can be clearly be seen with this new page. If you have a psr-2000/2100 or Tyros, you owe it to yourself to visit Joe's site. You can view his new file page at http://psrtutorial.com/Files/files.html

Enjoy,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#221222 - 11/12/03 09:30 PM Re: New Joe Waters pages
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Joe has really done a tremendous job with his site. He, along with others, including Jorgen Sorenson, Simon Williams, Bob Gelman, Michael P Bedesem ( I know there are others worthy of mention too ) have given so much to the Yamaha arranger community. Even though I currently don't have a Yamaha arranger, I still appreciate the amount of effort they have put into all of it, and in a lot of cases I still find there sites / software to be helpful and informative. Makes me wanna run out and buy a Tyros. Perhaps next year I will. Many thanks to Joe and the rest of you.

AJ

#221223 - 11/13/03 09:05 AM Re: New Joe Waters pages
trtjazz Offline

Joe,
Very nice they look great. Gary thanks for the heads up.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#221224 - 11/13/03 08:50 PM Re: New Joe Waters pages
deatonent Offline

Loc: Tazewell, VA, USA
Is the $24.00 registration fee for accessing the site or is it only for those wanting to access the files section?
Thanks,
Deaton

#221225 - 11/13/03 10:30 PM Re: New Joe Waters pages
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think it's just for the files, but either way, I'm glad to pay it, As much work as Joe has done, he deserves a little help.
DonM

#221226 - 11/14/03 05:25 AM Re: New Joe Waters pages
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Whether you anti up the $24 or not, I don't believe Joe has put any restrictions to using anything on the Tutorial site. The Charter Member Subscription is to help offset some of his out-of-pocket expenses for acquiring and maintaining the site and mailing list.

But rather than just ask for a donation, in true Joe Waters fashion, he has compiled over 6500 files from the site onto a CD which will be sent to each Charter Member as a bonus. As I understand it, everything on the CD is available on the Tutorial site. Call it a gift, bonus or added value for your charter membership. The bottom line is the $24 just helps Joe offset expenses for providing one remarkable site that benefits all of us interested in the PSR 2000, 2100 and Tyros.

Perhaps no one has benefited more than Yamaha. I hope he gets a check from them.

Thanks Joe.

Eddie

#221227 - 11/14/03 08:30 AM Re: New Joe Waters pages
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:

Perhaps no one has benefited more than Yamaha. I hope he gets a check from them.

Thanks Joe.

Eddie

Truer words were never spoken Eddie. But I doubt Yammie will ante up. As long as their customers do their bidding for them out of the (customers) goodness of heart they will probably just continue to reap the profits (and benefits) and let it be. I could be wrong though. There may be higher up's at Yamaha that know a good thing when they see it and out of the goodness of their (Yamaha's) heart - may respond in kind with some kind of compensation. Stranger things have happened that's for sure.

Best regards,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online