SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#220956 - 01/02/04 03:04 AM Re: Band in a Box: Worth upgrading to new 32 bit 2004 version?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
DonM. I think what Boo means he is using the Solo Improvise feature for is to learn new licks.

In my case I set BIAB to Solo Improvise around the melody. I then mute the melody to play it live to the accompaniment of BIAB complete with Solo which drops in between my playing the melody. I can then save this as a Midifile to play on any other board.
If you enter the chords from a fake book. Example....Satin Doll. Now tell the program to create a melody around those chords. You now have a counter melody.
The print out quality of a lead sheet is possibly the best and clearest I have encounter.
I have been using this program way back in my Atari days. I now enjoy playing with it most days......The program that is. Ha!!!

Graham UK.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 01-02-2004).]

#220957 - 01/02/04 07:19 AM Re: Band in a Box: Worth upgrading to new 32 bit 2004 version?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I see. I think I have an older BIB program somewhere, but never used it much. I do use Powertracks Pro occasionally, but mostly I just play the keyboard.
DonM

#220958 - 01/03/04 01:07 PM Re: Band in a Box: Worth upgrading to new 32 bit 2004 version?
GlennT Online   content

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Good for you, Don. Since I discovered AKs ~ a yr ago, I've been burried under a maze of technolegy, with midi, digital audio, sequencing, reading Computer Music, etc. and not spending enough time on my KB chops and vocals.

My resolution for the year is to start gigging again and "mostly just play the keyboard". After all, the advantage of the AK is that it can take the tech. out of our hands and keep it in the background... and that's gook enough for me.

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
but mostly I just play the keyboard

#220959 - 01/03/04 01:24 PM Re: Band in a Box: Worth upgrading to new 32 bit 2004 version?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I do use Powertracks Pro occasionally, but mostly I just play the keyboard.
DonM

Don, You are so right,after three months of collecting files and playing with Sonar and my Tyros, I enjoyed getting back to just playing again. You can get lost with info/data and forget why you bought the keyboard in the first place.

Have a terrific New Year, John C.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online