SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#220770 - 10/11/07 07:44 AM Questions for Jerry T.??
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Jerry and Group,

I'm curious to know if you have used your accordion with the PA800? I'll take delivery on my PA800 nest week.

Also, can you tell me which midi interface you have installed in your accordion?

Currently I'm using a T2 with a SEM CIAO accordion, with somewhat limited successs. There are some functions I can't access from the accordion, such as "after touch" and the "left" section.

I'm looking forward to trying the PA800!!

Any info is appreciated.

Don P

#220771 - 10/11/07 10:07 AM Re: Questions for Jerry T.??
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hello Don,
Yes, I’ve been using the PA800 for about 7-8 months with the midi accordion and at times with a Master Pro 2000, 120 bass midi machine midi’d to the 800. I have the Limex midi and mic system in 2 of my boxes. The PA800 does everything I need. I also use the XP for smaller venues and gigs under 2 hours - thanks to Dave’s patience and help. I don’t know about the CIAO midi interface, but the Limex works fine. Good luck. I think you’ll really like the PA800. Let us know how you make out.
Ciao, Jerry

#220772 - 10/11/07 03:20 PM Re: Questions for Jerry T.??
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Thanks for the response Jerry,

I've read a little abt Limex. I think the problem with the CIAO and my other accordion is that they only transmit on 3 midi channels. I think thats the problem.

I'm not familliar with the Master Pro 2000. Do you have a web site or any info on that unit you would share?

I'll let you know abt the PA800, just got an email telling me it has been shipped!!

As far as Dave M. He's a class act. He spent a lot of time w/me on the phone when I had my XP. I still miss some things abt that module, if (or when) I sell my T2 I may get another.

Don P

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online