SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#220735 - 12/17/02 11:37 PM Re: How to keep the music rack from falling off my PSR2000??
JonPro Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Hi Scotty,
Ages ago I posted the problem I was experiencing with my PSR640. During a song the music rack would pop out of its slot in the PSR's plastic casing (because the PSR casing would flex against the more rigid music stand). Very frustrating and veeeeery embarrassing. The only way I found to solve it was to keep an eye on it, because it would slowly work its way out, and push it back into the slot before disaster struck. Since I moved to the 9000PRO I don't have that problem anymore.
Jon.

#220736 - 12/18/02 05:08 AM Re: How to keep the music rack from falling off my PSR2000??
zuki Offline

...and not to mention when you're grooving with your eyes closed and this thundering clunk happens, scaring the h--- out of you. Worse yet, it all crashes down on your keybed.
Zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#220737 - 12/18/02 07:02 AM Re: How to keep the music rack from falling off my PSR2000??
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
......um, if your eyes are CLOSED, why do you need music anyway?

#220738 - 12/18/02 07:25 AM Re: How to keep the music rack from falling off my PSR2000??
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Scott, check out the picture of me with my Redneck Music Rack. http://www.imira.com/Album/GuestView.asp?AID=477978&BackURL=%2Falbum%2FMemberListAlbum%2Easp%3FCPIndex%3D0
DonM

#220739 - 12/18/02 11:20 AM Re: How to keep the music rack from falling off my PSR2000??
zuki Offline

Uncle Dave,
In preparation for the flying music rack, I now close my eyes instead of using the uncomfortable safety goggles.
Zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#220740 - 12/18/02 11:50 AM Re: How to keep the music rack from falling off my PSR2000??
Zack Offline

Scott: i use standard gray stuff, and i color it black with a permanent marker to match the board. i have also found further uses for the wonderful stuff: if there is a sturdy wall handy, i don't bother bringing my stand. i just tape the board sideways to the wall and drag up a chair. the obvious benefit is that this way, you can stretch out your legs! another way i use it is when old geezer dudes come up to me and beg me to turn the volume down, i either have mercy on them and stuff their ears with tape, or mercy on me and tape their mouths shut! as for notifying yamaha, i did, and they are currently working with me to create a new type of harness made purely out of duct tape so that musicians can dance with the crowd! (patent pending) and in regards to pics, i think its kinda pointless, because the whole board is covered in duct tape, so it just looks like one big ball! now, i'm hoping that by now i've convinced you that i am in fact not at all serious. the truth of the matter is that most of my music is memorized and i use music finder thing as my song list and one long registration bank. i do have a little notebook with exotic songs that are requested from time to time and that i haven't gotten a chance to memorize. i would seriously advice that maybe split up your music into several diff. notebooks categorized by genre, and even if you have to bring more than one notebook for any given occasion, at least you only have one up on the rack at a time. and during fill-ins you can bend down and get the next. so that's my story. ttfn! Zack

#220741 - 12/18/02 01:03 PM Re: How to keep the music rack from falling off my PSR2000??
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
I use a hammer and tap each side of the stand into the slot until it will not go down any further. The only problem is that it take's me a half hour to take it off.

Only kidding on the hammer. I force it down as deep as it will go with my thumbs and every once in a while give it some more thumbs down treatment. It seems to work as long as do not put any music on it.
Only kidding again.
I have charts on cardboard for each song. No heavy books which elimates the problem.

#220742 - 12/18/02 08:32 PM Re: How to keep the music rack from falling off my PSR2000??
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Great advice so far guys.lol

Scott

#220743 - 12/18/02 10:56 PM Re: How to keep the music rack from falling off my PSR2000??
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Zack

I thought I should let you know it's time to update. Yes, no more gray tape and permanent marker required I just saw it at Wal-Mart they make it in Black. Just thought you should know for future gigs especially when you tape it to the wall.

Love, Jennifer(Scott's fiance)

#220744 - 12/19/02 08:06 AM Re: How to keep the music rack from falling off my PSR2000??
Bob Gelman Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Datablues: That would be called "Velcro Cable Ties"....

Don: That is ONE HEFTY MUSIC STAND !!!!

At our PSR GROUPS we spoke about the advantages of Sticky Tac (looks/feels like Silly Putty toy).

I personally use a big hefty stand like you'd see someone in a band use. I put it immediately behind my PSR. It has a "base" where the music rests that is a number of inches deep. I can keep 3-4 fake books on the stand at the same time! I've never used any of the stands that came with any of my PSRs. Too dinky for me!

Bob

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online