SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2200 - 12/05/03 09:59 AM ARP Synthesizers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know MOOG Music made a lot of good synthseizers, from the Large Modulars to the ever popular Minimoog. But so did ARP with it's 2600 and Odyssey. Despite the fact the ARP had bad management, and made one or two instruments that were not too spectactualr. They did manage to make some the are expectional. Like the OMNI (their biggest seller). I bet if ARP ahd better people manageing the company and could work together they porbably would have stayed in business a little bit longer.

#2201 - 12/05/03 03:06 PM Re: ARP Synthesizers
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Ya, Just shows how bad management and stupid power struggle issues can ruin a damn good company.
What sucks is that Moog synths get more attention then ARP synths.
I just hear too many groovebox kids go like "Oh, MOOG bass man, wow!" As if they ever owned a Moog. I notice that ARP stuff is known and appreciated only by people that know a thing or two about old synths.

Bob Moog deserves a credit though, he keeps Moog going by making synths like Voyager. ARP on the other hand are history.
I do however like the Gmedia Oddity a lot. think you should get one too Paul!

-ED-

#2202 - 12/05/03 09:05 PM Re: ARP Synthesizers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes that is true about Bob Moog, especially now that he has the use of his name back. Although there is a synth company in England that is still useing his name and refuses to give it up. And Moog himself is fighting to get his name back completely so that no one but him can use the Moog name.

Don't get me wrong about Moog synthesizers, I think they are still totaly cool and would love to own one, but problem is, too many people want one. I never really set out to buy an ARP synth, until I came across the omni in a pawn shop.

BTW you wouldn't happen to have the linke to the g-media website.. ed?

#2203 - 12/06/03 10:27 AM Re: ARP Synthesizers
Anonymous
Unregistered

well I checked out the oddity, unfortuneatly, I need Cubase VX or equivilent to use the oddity. I thought it was a stand alone soft synth.

#2204 - 12/07/03 03:32 AM Re: ARP Synthesizers
tekminus Offline

There are free VST host programs. Do a google search or ask on the Hosts forum on kvr-vst.com.

forum index: http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/index.php?sid=47516d463cdc0991ffec6246a774c60d

-tek

#2205 - 12/07/03 07:46 PM Re: ARP Synthesizers
Anonymous
Unregistered

ggrrrrrrrr GRRRRRRR Bark bark bark bark rrrrr Ruff ruff ruffrufruf Grrrruffrufbark barkGGGGGGGGGRURURFFF RUFFRUFFGRR ike.. IKE!! ARP ARP ARP ARP ARP % ARP ARP ARP %>(repeat and fade)

#2206 - 12/08/03 04:05 PM Re: ARP Synthesizers
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Say...What hurts?
Nice to see ya posting again Morph!

-ED-

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online