SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#220504 - 10/27/05 12:40 PM Re: Some thoughts about Tyros2
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks DNJ it's appreciated.
I'm finally getting over a months worth of grief from the Mediastation and my Tyros 2 should be with me mid to end November. I've checked all of the competition out there (already got G1000, SD1 and VST synths for PC). Didn't like the styles on the Korg PA or Roland G70, didn't want a Wersi as since it's software based I didn't want something else happening like it did with Mediastation, so Yamaha it is.
Not had a Yamaha since the old V50 I think it was in late 80's early 90's?

#220505 - 10/27/05 01:06 PM Re: Some thoughts about Tyros2
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
From your description of the problems you say you had with your Mediastation, I would say it was a faulty hardware component, and it can happen to any keyboard.
When the Wersi OAS instruments were launched in 2000 (OAS 2) there were a few software glitches, with update CDs being sent out to solve the problem, but with OAS 6 and now OAS 7, providing you don’t start messing with the Windows software it is as stable as any Yamaha, Roland, Korg etc.
There is also a dealer and an agent in this country, as well as engineers that know the instruments, and if you are not sure how some thing works you could just post on the Wersi Oas forum, and one of the members would be able to help.
Anyway I hope you get full reimbursement for your problems, but don’t rule out all Software based instruments just because you have had a problem with one.
Interestingly if the predictions hold true, (And I cant see anything that will stop it) then in 5 years or so, all instruments from all manufactures will be software based.
Whichever instrument you have though, just remember the music comes first.

Bill

#220506 - 10/27/05 02:04 PM Re: Some thoughts about Tyros2
Craig_UK Offline

Thanks Abacus.
Wersi are great sounding instruments and I know which dealer sells them in the UK.
I've already spoken to them and got all the information I need. I really like the Ikarus but for me it's too expensive for what it is and the dealers will not come down in price for a cash payment either.
I've got a great deal on a Tyros 2 with speakers and stand and having already played it I'll be more than happy with it.
If I sell my SD1 then a Wersi may be on the cards for a purchase next year, but since you don't see Wersi in the UK it puts me off regarding support if its required.
The Tyros 2 is also the first 61 note keyboard I've purchased for years, will take a bit of time to adjust to less keys lol

#220507 - 10/27/05 07:45 PM Re: Some thoughts about Tyros2
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Craig_UK;

It is unfortunate about your troubles Craig. I wonder if Fillipe Tomas has had the same difficulties as yourself. It would be interesting to hear from him, since he obtained his X-76 ~ 1 week prior to yours.

I mirror your sentiments regarding the Ikarus. I to like this KB, but I feel it is too expensive for what one obtains from it & dealers are not willing to negotiate the price.

PS--I am curious as why Lionstracs just didn't take back the KB and repair the problems , or to just replace it with a new one.
I would like to discuss your experience regarding the X-76 if you wouldn't mind. Do you have an email address that I could contact you at?

Thanks in advance
Regards;
BN

#220508 - 10/28/05 04:56 AM Re: Some thoughts about Tyros2
Craig_UK Offline

Since the keyboard arrived faulty and didn't do what is was supposed to do there was no way I would have accepted another anyway.
I was perfectly in my right to ask for a refund but Lionstracs offered me one even before I thought about asking.
Filip (pardon spelling) if he is the guy in Portugal has no problems as I spoke to him most nights for over a month.
Anyway, bye bye Mediastation I'm sick of even thinking about it now

#220509 - 10/28/05 10:34 AM Re: Some thoughts about Tyros2
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Accepting that a lot of the T1 styles have been tweaked, the 100 new styles may be new to the Tyros, but I think a number are already present on and from the CVP3XX & PSR3000.
Can someone please list the said 100 completely new styles.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online