Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#220470 - 12/09/00 01:32 PM Re: Ketron X1 oriental is the best I have played
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Uncle Dave,
I've always considered your Information above
reproch! But sometimes your attitude toward other musicians on this forum is rather grumpy.
I'm sure you're a very fine,skilled keyboard musician! But I'm also sure there are many more great musicians on this form! Can't all of us always get our hands on a lot of different brands of keyboards. So we exchange information we find here on the web
& from Manuals! If you couldn't learn anything from reading they wouldn't have invented the "BOOK"!
I played the guitar and sang country music for 25 years, Not at the level you are playing. But for awhile it was my life!
I started playing the arranger keyboard about
10 years ago. You would probably say I was leading it where I wanted it to go, and you would be right! But I suites my needs. I use
every cheat thats on it that I know about!
Anything that helps me to get the best I can from a song. I would be the very first to tell you I'm not a very keyboard musician.
This is an arranger forum! You no! Where you use Auto styles to enhance your preformance.
"Uncle Dave" I would love to be able to play like you do. But sence I can't I have to do the best I can.
Best Regards,
Nobby

------------------

#220471 - 12/09/00 03:13 PM Re: Ketron X1 oriental is the best I have played
Ahmad Offline

Loc: Lebanon
Hi uncle dave,

I don't make any judjement for any keyboard here, I only say my opinion and the others say their opinions, we live in a democratic world after all and this forum was built to let the musicians exchange informations between them even if these informations were not correct all the time.

regarding the comaprision I made between the pa80 and the x1 oriental was based on facts not only opinions and here is the facts I posted:

1. The pa80 doesn't have a sampler while the x1 have one is a fact.

2. the pa80 use the pedal foot switch for arabic scale tuning while the x1 have an external 13 switch box and 13 arabic set is a fact.

3.the pa80 have 48 user styles instead of the 200 in the x1 is a fact.

4.the pa80 have only fixed oriental drumset and oriental sounds while the x1 can have endless of oriental sounds and drumsets because it can read sound banks, and the sound banks are made by Arabic musicians not by ketron the italian company and that is also a fact.

For me the absence of these specs from the pa80 make it under the x1 by far because for Arabic music live performance (which is strange for you maybe) these specs that I mentioned and the pa80 doesn't have are essential for the success of any keyboard not only the pa80.

in my country we say: its crazy to say to someone "crazy"

#220472 - 12/09/00 04:09 PM Re: Ketron X1 oriental is the best I have played
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
Ahmed,
I agree with every thing you said between the PA-80 and the X1 but their is only one thing that a Arabic keyboard player would need and that is the stick for modulation.you see what the X1 have is kinda not comfortable one.therfor people would GO for Korg and Roland becasue of that.if Solton would do something about it.then I will agree that the X1 is best in "fuctions".

------------------
vic

#220473 - 12/09/00 10:07 PM Re: Ketron X1 oriental is the best I have played
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You are all correct. I've been grumpy lately and I apologize. I was trying to get you all to become more excited about PLAYING the new instruments before you sing their praises. I have been a "Manual reader" from day one, and it is a wealth of information that I cannot do without, but to give A/B comparisons about a keyboard that isn't even out yet is just too premature.
I humbly offer my apologies to anyone I offended with my tone - I do not try to condecend. The problem is in the typed word vs. the spoken word. When reading the opinions of others without the "sight factor" or hearing vocal inflections can "color" the interpretation. I will try to choose my words more carefully from now on. For those of you that are under the impression that I am some kind of monster player - that's simply not true. Keyboard was never my main instrument, and I only play it to make a living. If I had my "druthers" I'd rather be playing bass with Tower of Power - but that ain't gonna happen now, is it?
I pride myself on my singing, my repertoire, and my "groove". The arrangements I invent by playing my own bass lines comlement the right hang chords in a way that an arranger cannot. I get a very "tight" rhythm section because we all "kick" together. I'd be willing to bet that many of you can play rings around me in terms of technique, but in a show, with a crowd of people...... Let me at 'em! I've been on stages since 1969, and I feel more at home there than anywhere else in the world. On a personal note - my 12 yr old daughter Katie, danced in her first serious production today. It was "The Nutcracker" and let me tell ya - It's very cool when a clild gets to "see into" the world of a parent. Today, my daughter got to feel the rush of a curtain call, the bonding of the "backstage hands" and the addiction of the applause - all things that Dad (me)thrives on. Life is good, and Katie danced her butt off today. I told her that she was not a 12 yr old today. She was not a girl, or a sister, or a child...... She was a DANCER! A dancer with "canned heat in her heels!" (That's a line from one of the songs in "Center Stage" - a great movie about a ballet company)
Happy Holidays everyone - I'll try to leave the "Grinch" comments at the door from now on, if you all promise to only comment on what you KNOW to be true. There is enough Bull being flung in Florida - we don't need it here too. Happy days to all !
Love,
.....a kinder, gentler Uncle.

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 12-09-2000).]

#220474 - 12/09/00 11:06 PM Re: Ketron X1 oriental is the best I have played
Clif Anderson Offline

Thanks Uncle Dave, that was "big" of you. I guess I will still hear grinch comments since I like to speculate. However, I will try to remember that this time of year the gigging musicians are working especially hard and deserve a little slack. Clif

#220475 - 12/09/00 11:41 PM Re: Ketron X1 oriental is the best I have played
Ahmad Offline

vic, now the x1 has one of the best joystick pitch benders like roland and korg and it has the modulation included in it (you press the joystick bender to the up and you will get the modulation like on roland and korg). This pitch bender is made by ketron and is supplied with the x1 oriental. As you see now ketron has two models of x1 one is normal and the other is oriental with the joystick pitch bender.

The oriental x1 is a little bit more expensive than the normal x1.

#220476 - 12/10/00 08:05 AM Re: Ketron X1 oriental is the best I have played
vic83 Offline

Ahmed,
I actually know but I actually forgot to mention the Pitch bender it's self.do you know what I mean...a stick just like Roland and Korg. you see I own the E-500OR and what makes it good for live is the stick and that all the sounds you will need is in the banks that are infront of you.their is also the Expansion thing which I hate and the operating system is never stable but it's very easy to deal with and it's sequencer gives me the same level of what the MC-50MK2 was giving me.the best pitch bender that I am dealing with is the one in my Korg TRITONpro.and korg is kinda smarter than Roland in the pitch bender because it's only used on the sounds that need to not just any sound like Roland(the piano for example).

------------------
vic

#220477 - 12/10/00 08:44 AM Re: Ketron X1 oriental is the best I have played
Ahmad Offline

vic, the x1 oriental have a pitch bender like roland and korg and it's different from one found on the normal x1.

#220478 - 12/10/00 11:09 AM Re: Ketron X1 oriental is the best I have played
vic83 Offline

oh sorry I misunderstaning you,I thought you were talking about the modulation only.

that sounds very intersting.if you have a picture could you please send it to me becasue I acually had no Idea about that they changed the pitch bender.I thought it's the X1 and then you upgrade it by six disks and a ROM card for the sounds and drums.

thanx

------------------
vic

#220479 - 12/10/00 09:36 PM Re: Ketron X1 oriental is the best I have played
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Uncle Dave,
"Apologies exepted", I have some bad days too! As far as the " Grinch" part I saw him the other night in a movie! He's really is a handsome cus! By the way I have not seen your picture on this forum yet!
Keep on Makin' Music!
Nobby

PS: Thanks for telling about your daughters dancing. I bet you're proud of her. Won't be long she'll be going out on dates! Both of my girls are grown an left home.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 12-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 12-11-2000).]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online