SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#220241 - 12/14/04 08:14 AM My First Gig
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Having played at church for the last 18 months I have finally summoned up the courage to go out on my own (using advice and insights I have picked up from you wonderful people).

The event was a Christmas Music warm up at the community where I live. After the party people drove around in their carts to sing to those in our community who are sick.

Here's photos of the event. Pity you can't tell the bow tie is flashing with red, white and green lights
http://heronsglenrecdist.com/dailychanges/dailyframe.html

Next week my first Nursing Home (Assisted Living Center) and possibly at a food pantry. Maybe one day I'll get paid (no, not very likely since I am offering it as a ministry from our Church, but maybe the church will get an extra donation!).

------------------
Graham

#220242 - 12/14/04 08:32 AM Re: My First Gig
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Here is the direct link.

Takes you right to the pics.
http://heronsglenrecdist.com/cartcarolingpix.html

Regards,

Jerry

#220243 - 12/14/04 08:33 AM Re: My First Gig
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Graham, I assume 'this' is the picture of you, that you were referring to, right? :

Whew, what an Easter Egg hunt that was (for me) to find that. Nice shot of you on the Tyros, and is that a Logitech subwoofer sitting behind you? Whether you're getting paid with $ or merely audience apprecation, you're spreading the word of your music talent. If people are impressed, this exposure will lead to paying gigs. Hope you had cards handy to pass out.

Scott

#220244 - 12/14/04 08:37 AM Re: My First Gig
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Graham....it looks like you all had a great
time....you look good at your Tyros...keep up
the good work and your reward will come quickly...the money will kollow soon thereafter......

#220245 - 12/14/04 08:40 AM Re: My First Gig
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Sorry for the spelling error...itshould read
FOLLOW...new to this board and don't know how to modify my post at this time....

#220246 - 12/14/04 08:56 AM Re: My First Gig
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
Sorry for the spelling error...itshould read
FOLLOW...new to this board and don't know how to modify my post at this time....

Tony ... just click on the "paper and pencil" icon (Edit/Delete message) to make any correction ...
t.

#220247 - 12/14/04 08:58 AM Re: My First Gig
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Graham, That club looks REAL nice ... looks like everyone had a good time ... Funny first photo ... looks like she is saying "... just what IS this thing I'm about to eat??? ..."
t.

#220248 - 12/14/04 09:34 AM Re: My First Gig
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Congrats on getting your music out... you're gonna have lota fun with it, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:
Next week my first Nursing Home (Assisted Living Center) and possibly at a food pantry. Maybe one day I'll get paid

Graham, you should allow yourself to charge for performing at senior homes. These places all have $ budgeted for entertainment.

First, find out what the's going rate in your area. Best way to do that is by visiting a few homes and pick up a copy of their activities calander. Then you can check out the competition and one way or another learn what they charge. I've found the best way is to introduce yourself and 'shop talk', then play it by ear.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Glenn

[This message has been edited by GlennT (edited 12-14-2004).]

#220249 - 12/14/04 10:36 AM Re: My First Gig
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Oops, sorry to make it hard to find the photos, I went to the address at the top of the page and copied it and pasted, thinking it would take you directly there.

Scott, thanks for putting the photo in there. How do you do that? Yep, those are the Logitech z2200s, and I adapted Gary's idea to mount them on some inexpensive silver stands that I found on the internet.

Thank you all for your encouragement.

#220250 - 12/14/04 02:25 PM Re: My First Gig
Ron Pierce Offline

Loc: Fort Myers, FL USA
Graham,
I thought the scenery looked familiar. We live in South Fort Myers. We'll have to get together sometime and compare notes on the Tyros. I also carry a PSR 3K in the motorhome. Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online