Uncle Dave,
You mention someone should have reported sooner about the great feature of being able to play midi files and use the built in styles on the PSR2000.
I posted this back on 10/26/2001 when giving my opinions on the just received PSR2000 keyboards in my store. As I recall, you were less than excited about the PSR2000 I think because of the light feeling keys.
"Later on I put in my tune 1000 song Dream, Dream, Dream to try out the vocal harmonizer. It worked great but my favorite thing to do is to start playback of a country style using only the drum track and the drum track of the midi file is replaced instantly and in perfect sync with the country style. A few measures later I changed to a disco style and again instant change. If I hit stop on the style section, the original dream, dream, dream drum track starts playing. There is no lag or glitch in this method of altering the tracks played. If I decide to play the style with the proper chord changes, then the song plays with me playing the chords. All of these are really great features Yamaha has included into the PSR2000."
(Retired 2021)