SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#220023 - 09/15/01 12:09 PM America's Songs of Inspiration & Patriotism !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Since last Tuesday's horrific terrorist attacks, I have been including a HEALTHY dose of American patriotic songs in my performances. This includes audience participation (sing-along) songs of the Star Spangled Banner, God Bless America, and America The Beautiful. Believe me, not a single dry eye is left in the house after these songs are performed. Music is a powerful tool in helping us heal the deep wounds which were inflicted upon us. As musicians, we are given the unique opportunity to help heal and unite our fellow countrymen and friends around the world with music. Other popular songs of inspiration & patriotism I perform are: This is My Country, This Land Is My Land, Imagine, What The World Needs Now Is Love, Battle Hymn Of The Republic, and God Bless the USA. I'm interested in hearing what other songs are being performing during this most challenging time.

Here are links to the chords and lyrics to the following songs:

The Star Spangled Banner: http://www.praisesong.net/star_spangled.pdf

America The Beautiful: http://www.praisesong.net/america_the_beautiful.pdf

God Bless America: http://www.praisesong.net/god_bless_america.pdf

Battle Hymn Of The Republic: http://www.praisesong.net/battlehymn.pdf

My Country Tis Of Thee: http://www.praisesong.net/my_country_tis_of_thee.pdf

This Land is My Land: http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/3671/thisland2.htm

#220024 - 09/15/01 02:04 PM Re: America's Songs of Inspiration & Patriotism !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
In addition to hearing about other patriotic songs performed by other forum members, I'm also VERY INTERESTED in hearing (and possibly learning) the National Athems & patriotic songs of our many forum members around the world as well. If there is a "website link" available which include the lyrics - chords or MP3 file of your Country's National Anthem, please SHARE it with us.

Here's another idea: Record your rendition of your Country's National Anthem on your respective arranger keyboard and share it on the forum. What a perfect opportunity this would be to hear and learn about our many different National Anthems as well as provide a chance to hear the many differing sounds and styles of the many arranger keyboard brands/models out there as well.
- Scott

#220025 - 09/15/01 07:01 PM Re: America's Songs of Inspiration & Patriotism !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks for the links to the songs. I was just looking for a couple to do Tuesday.
DonM

#220026 - 09/15/01 10:55 PM Re: America's Songs of Inspiration & Patriotism !
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Scott
I know there is a website somewhere out there that has the National Anthem of every country in the world. I remember visiting it about 6 months ago. I can not remember, but I believe they were MIDI files. Unfortunately, I don't recall the website url.

Tom
PS: All week long I've found myself playing sad songs. Every once in a while, I get in that kind of mood, anyway - but this has been for almost a whole week. I'm moving past that this weekend. Time for some uplifting stuff!

[This message has been edited by TomTomSF (edited 09-15-2001).]

#220027 - 09/15/01 11:22 PM Re: America's Songs of Inspiration & Patriotism !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
There is a place for the sad stuff - just keep the balance. So far, I've been pretty satisfied with how the nights are going at work. It's not easy, but in the larger scheme of things - it's a cakewalk.

#220028 - 09/16/01 04:42 AM Re: America's Songs of Inspiration & Patriotism !
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
I had agreat night last night. I continue to sing our national anthem fully aware that those that sing it the loudest are often the ones that plant the Bombs. As a mark of respect to this reality I am not posting a link to it.

#220029 - 09/16/01 04:54 AM Re: America's Songs of Inspiration & Patriotism !
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi Scotyee,
I have play yesterday on a big party and we
start with a tribute to all people who has
lost there life's in this days on the wtc.
We played "god bless America" and afterwards
we had a standing aplause from the people.
I think the people in Europe are all together
with the american people.
Greetings Notlos.

------------------

#220030 - 09/16/01 08:49 PM Re: America's Songs of Inspiration & Patriotism !
MR Bulk Offline

Loc: Mililani, Hawaii, USA
Hi guys,

Thanks for carrying the spirits of the people in our country forward by your greatly patriotic performances. As to other patriotic songs that Scott mentioned, how about that, "Proud To Be An American", one that came out during the Gulf War? Even the "green Berets" song has a good dose of patriotism in there, and a moving march-type beat, and it would suddenly become a very contemporary subject matter if we ever do begin retaliatory strikes...

------------------
Regards and Aloha,

Charlie

Charlie
http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/MR_Bulk/index-1.html

#220031 - 09/17/01 12:30 AM Re: America's Songs of Inspiration & Patriotism !
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
I am concerned at this reversal of reality. Just think about it. We in Ireland have had 800 years war with England and all forms of atrocities. Those that sing the loudest here(when singing national anthem) are the "terrorists". They planted the bombs that made world news a few years ago I think 38 people killed. Our people cried in Joy when some of the clear thinking relatives called for forgiveness for the bombers. So I am constantly being asked for patriotic songs, The people who ask me are unaware. We hve plenty knowledge in the world of the problem but little awareness. Pierce in Ireland

#220032 - 09/17/01 08:35 AM Re: America's Songs of Inspiration & Patriotism !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Pierce,
You're right. We, in America have been spoiled by the liberties that were fought for by generations past. We have become "used to" these graces, and forget that others do not share these same blessings as regularly as we do. I am aware that your country (and part of my own heritage) has been under constant termoil for many, many years. We now have a common cross to bear, and perhaps the events of this week will highten the awareness of the entire world to the growing frailty of life. We are on a crash course with ruin, and only we, as a global family can change this.
I am rethinking some of my own priorities, and I suggest that we all do the same. Life is short.................eat dessert first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online