SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#219828 - 10/24/03 08:09 AM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I think a lot of it has to do with how you produce music and what type of music you are doing. Sampling for me is limited to trying to come up with some new or modified sounds, and or adding loading the standard wav / akai type sounds to enhance what is already on the board. I don't use it in the way some dance / synth type musicians producers might, meaning I'm not looking to add set phrases or loops / acidized wav files etc .

Don't really need sampling for bluesy rock and jazz oriented stuff, and don't need it on my arranger for live work at all, but I'm glad to have the sampler onboard the ES and I will use it occsasionally to enhance the sounds. If I got a PA1x and it has sampling.. I might use it in the studio. 16 or 32 megs is a little limited though. Got 256 on the ES.

On my arranger, having a sampler isn't a huge priority at all, because I'll never need it for live play. Still, it's a nice feature to have and it might get some use in the studio.. Not having it wouldn't make me shy away from an arranger board, as I have a couple of soft samplers on board on the system. Access to the raw samples ( what's already there ) is a little more of a priority, so I can modify internal voices to my hearts content, but again.. on my arranger it isn't crucial.. while on my workstation it's an absolute bare bones requirement. I've already taken the
"59 combo" guitar sound from the ES ( which I absolutely love ) and made 3 spin off user voices, Some of it included changing a couple of the raw samples that make the voice up.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 10-24-2003).]

#219829 - 10/25/03 02:51 AM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I don't like to spend a lot of time sampling myself. But if a keyboard has sampling capability it means that infinite new sounds can be created by the manufacturer and 3rd party sound design companies. And that is a VERY good thing. Even users that don't wish to sample themselves will still load a new sound & sample if it sounds great. And it is useful to capture sound FX and audio clips for using live.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 10-25-2003).]

#219830 - 10/25/03 06:36 AM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
I did a lot of work on the samplers of psr8000 and 9000 and it opend my eyes to a
new world.The world in which i could live
the way i want.I miss the sampler of my 9000
on which i cerated very beautiful multi-samples.I wish u all could see the samplers
world.

#219831 - 10/25/03 01:45 PM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Blaze,
I've been waiting to talk to my friend at Korg USA who is the product manager for arranger products. He's out of the office until Monday.
However, I received a copy of Music Inc., a magazine for music store retailers and there is an article about the new Korg Pa1X which states:
"A built-in 16 MB sampler can read WAV, AIFF, and Korg or Akai samples/multisamples. and utilizes the company's new RX Technology, producing a detailed, sophisticated, natural sound."
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online