SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#219702 - 10/31/07 02:38 PM Re: Nigel, some topics seem to lack the "Edit" button.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
To be fair I think Bebop was referring to a total deletion of a post, as opposed to editing for grammar/spelling..On that note, and I don't know if this is possible, but perhaps Nigel can set it up so that the contents of a post can be edited without actually deleting it?? I know sometimes I edit a post because of a mispelling, or placement in syntax which can totally change the intention of the post, and THAT can then cause problems that can be avoided if editing was permitted..All I am talking about is simple mistakes, and not the ability to remove "flamers".
Dennis

#219703 - 10/31/07 11:33 PM Re: Nigel, some topics seem to lack the "Edit" button.
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
..All I am talking about is simple mistakes, and not the ability to remove "flamers".
Dennis

This was the reason I reacted to the removal of 'edit' primarily.
I, unfortunately, am not one of those superhumans who never make mistakes.
cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#219704 - 11/01/07 05:12 AM Re: Nigel, some topics seem to lack the "Edit" button.
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
To be fair I think Bebop was referring to a total deletion of a post, as opposed to editing for grammar/spelling..

It don't matter anymore, but both deleting and editing
posts was done several times during Bebop's time as
moderator at Technics Zone.
Bepop know, Nigel know, members know, so why say he
never done so, I can't understand.

I've edited my posts many times due to misspeling and
wrong composed lines who could be misunderstood.
I guess that part would be far less if I could write
in my native language

Myself I think it is ok that delete and editing are
diabled, if misspell or wrong written we can always do
a new post further down the topic.

Happy Playing & Poting.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#219705 - 11/01/07 08:42 AM Re: Nigel, some topics seem to lack the "Edit" button.
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
It's an impossible task for Nigel to police these forums. Nigel, why don't you just leave the board open and communication free. If people want to fight with each other or insult each other or call each other names, let them do so. I think the problem will take care of itself in the long run.

Disabling edits or banning agitators is just such a maintenance and policing nightmare.

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#219706 - 11/01/07 09:16 AM Re: Nigel, some topics seem to lack the "Edit" button.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Al, you are right, it would take care of itself. Within two months, the only ones left would be the ones who enjoy arguing! It almost got to the point before.
DonM

#219707 - 11/01/07 09:20 AM Re: Nigel, some topics seem to lack the "Edit" button.
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Absolutely correct bkr.

Censorship because of p.c. is a waste of energy.
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#219708 - 11/02/07 12:58 PM Re: Nigel, some topics seem to lack the "Edit" button.
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Nigel,

It is your forum, do with it as you please with my blessing.

To those who don't know what censorship is I'll tell you what it isn't. Removing the edit button is NOT censorship. You may still post stupid and useless comments as before. Now you might have to think before doing so. For some this will be a first.

Thanks Nigel,

Tom

Tom

#219709 - 11/03/07 04:37 PM Re: Nigel, some topics seem to lack the "Edit" button.
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You really don't need an Edit feature if you can read this "I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht he frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is cuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. amzanig huh?

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#219710 - 11/03/07 04:48 PM Re: Nigel, some topics seem to lack the "Edit" button.
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Amzanig, I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd ervey wrod.

#219711 - 11/03/07 09:01 PM Re: Nigel, some topics seem to lack the "Edit" button.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Amzanig, I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd ervey wrod.

Yes, me too, but let's not make this become a habit, ok?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online