SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#219643 - 08/26/06 07:38 PM Re: A SPECIAL THANKS TO bluzplayer
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi AJ,
don't know anything about casio's , but are you saying that it can convert styles to it's own format, & which one's will it accept. ( Not Yammie by the sounds of things)

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
Your welcome Rikki,

I just also realized... if you get any kind of Roland or Technics version of them out there, it would also be good for me. I can then use the MZ2000's auto convert function to make them into Casio format as well.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-26-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#219644 - 08/26/06 07:49 PM Re: A SPECIAL THANKS TO bluzplayer
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Rikki,

The MZ can convert both Technics and Roland styles to it's own format. Styles from any model of either brand seem to work.

AJ

#219645 - 08/26/06 09:12 PM Re: A SPECIAL THANKS TO bluzplayer
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
AJ:
Downloaded, and tried the Biab sty's thru my ty2. They play as depicted no problem, There's a lot of good style base there, Drums are excellent on most. Tried to add OTS using Michaels' midiplayer, but no sucess, maybe doing something wrong or just won't do. Anyway I thank you and any others that may have helped. Previewed about 50 so far, and found some usable Jazz styles, one good country, and a few others. Don't have enough time to work with them just yet but saving.....Thanks......pose

#219646 - 08/27/06 03:21 PM Re: A SPECIAL THANKS TO bluzplayer
rikkisbears Offline

Hi AJ,
I came to a bit of a standstill with converting to other formats. For some bizzare reason, EMC doesn't appear to recognize the style names, so it's a tad difficult to tell what's what, also I'm not sure if it's converting correct tempo's.

I can do a few across to roland format if you want to try & see if they work.

I'm just waiting to hear back from sd & Gem owners to see if the conversions worked.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
Your welcome Rikki,

I just also realized... if you get any kind of Roland or Technics version of them out there, it would also be good for me. I can then use the MZ2000's auto convert function to make them into Casio format as well.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-26-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#219647 - 08/27/06 03:43 PM Re: A SPECIAL THANKS TO bluzplayer
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Hmmm.. I'm guessing it may be because some apps won't recognize spaces, hyphens, etc in the style name itself. The Tyros allows for it, so at the time I wasn't very concerned about naming them this way, but perhaps it was a mistake for me to do that. I learned almost at the end of the process, that BIAB won't recognize styles with spaces either.

AJ

#219648 - 08/27/06 08:35 PM Re: A SPECIAL THANKS TO bluzplayer
rikkisbears Offline

Hi AJ,
I just ended up splitting the styles into folders of 10. They seem to show up numerically. Then I'll split yours into folders of 10 & yours show up alphabetically. So hopefully the correct name will correspond with a number.
Haven't heard back yet if the first batch have converted ok or not.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online