SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#219625 - 09/06/01 03:55 PM Re: Ketron (Solton) SD1 : Does it have a thing like Panel Memory Registrations?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Not only can you do registrations but , each of the 309 styles can be customized ( sound choice , volumne levels , reverb settings etc ) and can be saved without using registrations at all ! Once you alter a style just press save/enter and BAM ! it is saved ! Dano
PS . I rarely use registrations .......

#219626 - 09/06/01 04:37 PM Re: Ketron (Solton) SD1 : Does it have a thing like Panel Memory Registrations?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Dan: So are you are 'overwriting' the exsiting factory styles? Is there a backup of the factory style settings somewhere you can go back to if needed?

#219627 - 09/06/01 08:25 PM Re: Ketron (Solton) SD1 : Does it have a thing like Panel Memory Registrations?
Maged Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Yes, the transition is very smooth on the X1 as well. There is only one stipulation: When you press # 4 (for 004) it takes the keyboard about 2 seconds to understand that this is a 1 digit number entered. Usually the O.S. expects you to press 3 digits (which is the full length of the 3 digits registration), when you press only one digit, it gives you a chance of 2 seconds to continue, if you don’t press anything, it translates your input as a 3 digits number (by adding 2 Zeros to the left) and executes it.
However, if you press 004, the registration change is done instantly.
Don’t forget that you can always use the footswitch to change registrations up & down instantly.
N.B. All of the previous apply only on the X1, I don’t know if it also applies on the SD1.

Regards,

Maged

#219628 - 09/06/01 08:32 PM Re: Ketron (Solton) SD1 : Does it have a thing like Panel Memory Registrations?
Henry01 Offline

Loc: Dublin, California, USA
Maged,

It's the same with the SD1, it takes about 1 second before it recognizes it's 1 digit. Works great for me...

Scott, yes it overwrites the existing style parameters. The orginals are all on the HD in the RELOAD directory. I also backed up everything onto my PC's hard drive using the Ketron PC cable & file transfer software.

Henry

[This message has been edited by Henry01 (edited 09-06-2001).]

#219629 - 09/07/01 07:53 AM Re: Ketron (Solton) SD1 : Does it have a thing like Panel Memory Registrations?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Henry,
Thanks for answering Scott's question . Are you using the X1 software to backup the SD1 hard drive ? Dan O

#219630 - 09/07/01 09:43 AM Re: Ketron (Solton) SD1 : Does it have a thing like Panel Memory Registrations?
Henry01 Offline

Loc: Dublin, California, USA
Dan,

Yes, it's the same file transfer software that can be downloaded on Ketron's website. It works with X1, X4 & SD1...

Henry

#219631 - 09/07/01 08:48 PM Re: Ketron (Solton) SD1 : Does it have a thing like Panel Memory Registrations?
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
The Situation re registrations is basically that in X1 there are four "locations"
1 Presets =not changeable
2 Factory presets which you can edit eg sounds tempo etc. Edited factory settings are not registrations as such but they are a convenient place to arrange things eg I use 01A with a banjo pickin to replace guitar and I use appropriate tempo but I then store it as a "full" registration in either Block or Single reg.
3 Block registrations are 99 bank A plus 99 bank B ie 198 registrations ( more than adequate for anyone ??. Here all settings I need are registered. IE 33 is waltz and when I press it I start to play without any adjustement of anything incl volume as compared to another reg ie all regs have a balanced volume to suit on the road work.
4 Single Regs are the same but they have the advantage that they can call up the words of the song fron disk or a programme of waltzes etc.Also you can store approx 100000 single regs ie if you had 100000 songs and wanted to have special regs for each you could do so and when you give same name to text file as to reg the words of the song appear.In practice it seems unnecessary to have that many as I ue about 60 and I think that s alot.
If you have single reg and you wish to store it as block reg you simply save it after selecting block reg. This would mean that you would have it twice. Block regs load at a press (less an almost unnoticeable fraction of a sec delay whereas single regs are from hard drive and may take a second approx.
So if you have a reg in block and you want to save it as single simply enter utilities and select single and save it. Bear in mind that you are saving settings from the Board not from another reg. which means that if you delete or change a block reg which was used as a basis for a single reg you (gladly) are not deleting your single reg.

#219632 - 09/07/01 08:53 PM Re: Ketron (Solton) SD1 : Does it have a thing like Panel Memory Registrations?
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
I forgot to mention that you do not overwrite anything from the main board all you change is your registration.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online