SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#219314 - 05/07/07 09:34 PM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi K Boarder,
( sorry bebop for going a bit off topic)
have a question, can an e80 play back a g70 style perfectly,or would a fair bit of editing /tweaking be involved??
Reason I'm asking is, I just discovered that Technote has recreated their Technic style range for the g70. If I was to buy a Roland it would be either the e50 or e80,
I don't need another 76 note keyboard.

I've written to Technote, but they haven't answered back yet.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by K.Boarder:
[B]There are many free styles made for the G70 that can be played on the E80 ( and other E's) as well.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#219315 - 05/07/07 11:34 PM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
HI Rikkisbears,
Technote state on their site that all Roland styles are compatible with the E series.I have just purchased the Ballroom Series for my E 80 and they are really fantastic,in my opinion better than most internal styles.As for tweaking it is only volume to match your liking that you may need to change,this can be achieved on the fly anyway.

Best Regards Gilbert.

#219316 - 05/07/07 11:37 PM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I hope it is all you want it to be Bill. I have always liked Roland boards so I am curious to hear how this latest arranger works out for you.

#219317 - 05/08/07 01:29 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Gilbert,
I luved the Technote styles on all my Technics keyboards over the years, so I was stunned the other day when I noticed they'd recreated them for Roland. I sold my KN7 a couple of years back & to some degree regretted it ever since, mainly because of the styles.
They have an sd card version for the G70 with the majority of the styles on it, at a fraction of the price of buying individual
disks, but it does say for G70 so I wasn't sure. The card also requires some sort of card adapter because Rolands apparently don't use sd cards, they use different types.

Sounds like my next keyboard may well be a Roland again.

Thanks Gilbert

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gilbert:
[B]HI

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#219318 - 05/08/07 01:45 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Bebop,

the E80 is an awesome board no doubt, just curious to hearing your reasons for changing over from the T2?

is it a matter you think yes its a much better board all round? or is it just something that the E80 has that the T2 does not have?

cheers,
Nick

#219319 - 05/08/07 05:06 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I hate Roland...

Good luck Bill with the E80..

AJ, how did you like the speaker system on the E80?

We had a few folks that said it was terrible.{hard to believe, since Roland never had a "bad" sound system...why start with the best they ever had]...

#219320 - 05/08/07 05:16 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I hate Roland...
AJ, how did you like the speaker system on the E80?

We had a few folks that said it was terrible.{hard to believe, since Roland never had a "bad" sound system...why start with the best they ever had]...

I'd like to know that also?

#219321 - 05/08/07 06:59 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Demo's and reviews are posted over here: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/015447.html
by
Donnie and Bebop

#219322 - 05/08/07 07:18 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have been playing the G70 styles in the Tyros 2 for the last couple of months and I find them to be so much better then any of the onboard T2 styles and most of those that have had sent to me by other people.
Then during the 3 hour demo by our District Sales manager Travis Mitchell who knows this board inside out totally blew me away with all the things it does that nothing I have ever owned does or did.
Then too, I am aware that the Technics People moved over to Roland and designed this board, and my personal feeling is that this is the Technics KN 8000 that we would have bought if Matsu----a hadn't pulled the plug on one of the best keyboards in the business that I had already owned 5 or 6 of them.
The Tyros 2 has never inspired me to play it. that is a bad sign and consequently it has just sat here most of the time. When I turn on a keyboard and hear a style my 70 years of playing music sez, OH, play this song with this style. The T2 has never done that for me but all the Technics did.
I guess I should also say that after Travis had a meeting with Dave Gatt the president of my local Colton music store and Dave walked up to me and asked if I had my checkbook with me. Somehow they were able to discern from our earlier conversations exactly the number that I would be willing to pay for this keyboard I didn't even come to see.
I stopped at this store because they were haveing an inventory clearance and I was looking for a Technics KN2600 to keep in the motorhome, as they were my local Technics dealer.
I might also add that I am open to offers for both the Yam PSR9000 and the Tyros 2 both with hard drives and max Memory installed. Ty 2 has Bose Speakers and Yam woofer also.
Best to all,
Bill

#219323 - 05/08/07 07:43 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
BeBop ... how is the operating system? ... anything like the technics?
t.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online