SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#219096 - 09/28/01 09:29 AM BEST Lightweight padded soft CASE for SD1 ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok, maybe I'm jumping the gun (a bit) as I haven't even purchased the SD1 (yet?), but which ultra lightweight (soft padding type) carrying case (brand/model) is recommended for the Ketron Solton 76 note SD1?

Which one MOST closely 'matches' the SD1's overall dimensions:
119 x 39 x 12 centimeters
46.85 x 15.35 x 4.72 inches

Because the SD1 is very lightweight (16.5 kg; 36 lbs) for its' size, I think a lightweight yet durable soft case (padded) might be sufficient for local (around town) gig transport. Interested in hearing what other people are using and/or recommending.

#219097 - 09/28/01 09:41 AM Re: BEST Lightweight padded soft CASE for SD1 ?
Dnj Offline

Scott,

Talk to George Kaye, I love the "LEVYS" soft case I got from him for the PSR9k. See if they make a soft case that will fit the SD-1 also. Very good quality, zippers, pockets, lining also. You will also be 3 steps closer to buying a SD-1 after this tuesday when the "Uncle Dave Road Show" goes to Dan O's Guitar Center Store in MD to check out the SD-1 first hand and come back with 3 reviews (Dave, Donny, Fran) I'm looking forward to it!!

PS: maybe I can talk Dan o into making a SD-1 Video, I really enjoyed his X-1 video, it got me thru the first few weeks using the X-1 last year. Dan O did a fine job explaining all the features. I watched it so many times I feel like I know him personally :>)

donny nj

#219098 - 09/28/01 10:17 AM Re: BEST Lightweight padded soft CASE for SD1 ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Scott, Talk to George Kaye, I love the "LEVYS" soft case I got from him for the PSR9k. See if they make a soft case that will fit the SD-1 also. donny nj

OK George (or others out there), what's the scoop? Does LEVYS make a soft case to closely fit the dimensions of the SD1?

DNJ, yeah, I'm really "anxious" and "excited" to read your candid no holds barred reviews (Donny, Fran, Uncle Dave).

I too think that Dan O'Neil should produce an SD1 video now. Though I don't even own the X1, I too found his X1 video presentatin highly informative and EASY to understand ! - Scott

#219099 - 09/28/01 10:41 AM Re: BEST Lightweight padded soft CASE for SD1 ?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Donny and Scott ,
Once again , thank you for the compliments on the video .
I like the Levy bags ...but I think Protec makes a little better keyboard bag for the $ . Protec C960 ! Big front pockets and a little more padding than a Levys bag ! Dano

#219100 - 09/28/01 11:15 AM Re: BEST Lightweight padded soft CASE for SD1 ?
Henry01 Offline

Loc: Dublin, California, USA
I have a Protec soft case for my General Music S3 and it's very well made. Thick paddings and a big pocket out front. I don't know if they make one for SD-1.

For my SD-1, I use Ketron's hard case with wheels. It fits the SD-1 snuggly and it's probably the best choice for it. It only weights 10 lbs.

Henry

[This message has been edited by Henry01 (edited 09-28-2001).]

#219101 - 09/28/01 12:10 PM Re: BEST Lightweight padded soft CASE for SD1 ?
Dnj Offline

Dan,

Yes Protec does make a very nice bag. I had a protec rack bag also. But when I tried to get a protec case for the Psr9000 it was nearly impossible. I even talked to the company. Due to the 9k's 7" height finding a case was very hard. And is not made at this time by protec. Thats why George Kaye recomended to me the LEVYS soft case. But I'm sure the SD-1 being of much different demensions will fit in many other cases.

donny nj

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online