SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#219059 - 06/26/01 06:03 PM ATTN: PA80 users please read in....
Arbaz Offline

Hello fellows sorry for the terrible subject line I just want you guys try out something for me in PA-80 go to BSQ mode and record a song up to 30 measure now say you want to go to measure 13 and correct the melody line can you do it or does it take you back to measure 1 every time you stop it? A fellow here post this problem I just want to confirm it before I purchase the PA-80.
Thanks in advance for the favor.

#219060 - 06/26/01 09:25 PM Re: ATTN: PA80 users please read in....
Mikey Offline

The answer is yes you can do it. You can edit the melody by first switching from bsq mode to song mode, and then press the >> arrow to measure 13 and record from there. You can record on top (w/o erasing your previous recording) or over it from measure 13. Also, you can set auto punch (S/E) start recording at mesasure 13 and end in wherever.

As for the chord/accompaniment part, you can edit that in the bsq mode with something called chord/acc step mode. In there you can select the measure and edit the chords w/o actually playing it real time.

#219061 - 06/26/01 11:39 PM Re: ATTN: PA80 users please read in....
drpete Offline

Loc: Fresno, CA USA
I must also add that you cannot however record/overdubb/replace the accompaniment. In song record mode the accompaniment function is disabled. And in BSQ mode, there is no punch in / punch out function. I found this very dissappionting, since this keyboard supposed to be an upgrade of the i30, yet its sequencer is a downgraded version.

Bee

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online