SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#219045 - 08/07/03 12:23 PM Re: Changing time signatures
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Thank you Donny and Gary...I haven't seen this before, and any help I'd asked for in the past went unanswered. It'll take me a while, gotta get more goodies first, but I'll definitely get going on this and see what comes out the other end. Thanx again for the link...and Gary, thanx for the info.
Wish me Luck!!
One concern: Please tell me I don'thave to go the MAC route.

#219046 - 08/09/03 01:24 AM Re: Changing time signatures
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Mike,

The Genesys PRO is already shipping, and does have this feature. It also has a bigger hard drive and is consideribly lighter. Grants Pass, I live in the Eugene area, and I am in town this weekend, I could meet you somewhere to show you the Genesys. Send me an Email and we can work getting together.

PaulD@Generalmusic.US

Regards,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#219047 - 08/09/03 05:14 AM Re: Changing time signatures
Dnj Offline

Leon,

No Mac nessassary....you can achieve great results on PC for sure. I did all the demos on my website using this method all on my PC.

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#219048 - 08/09/03 09:55 AM Re: Changing time signatures
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulD:
Mike,

The Genesys PRO is already shipping, and does have this feature. It also has a bigger hard drive and is consideribly lighter. .

PaulD@Generalmusic.US

Regards,

Hi Paul,

I meant a streamlined version of the 'Genesys', not the Genesys Pro.

Didn't you say that they; "the Designing Engineers" were going to lighten the 'Genesys' by changing the Power Supply design, Transformer, possible Cabinet redesign, and other modifications to lighten the Genesys from it current weight of 55 lbs.? I would be more interested in the Genesys if this is the case. Being a gigging Musician I need a Keyboard that will be relatively portable plus have the added benefits of internal speakers. Also the way GEM seems to allocate Polyphony, ie., (in an excellent manner from what I understand), the Genesys's 64 note Polyphony might not be a hinderance when I solo gig and use all of the Keyboard's Arranger functions. The Genesys, being a High End Arranger could be a good candidate for my next Arranger if there is going to be a streamlined version of it.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: Paul, check your email soon.

#219049 - 08/10/03 02:41 AM Re: Changing time signatures
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Mike,

Their isn't plans on changing the cabinet of the genesys. Other details on what is in the works and what has been done or being done to the genesys, I am not allowed to comment on. That being said, Generalmusic is always working to make better music.

Paul

#219050 - 08/10/03 01:18 PM Re: Changing time signatures
Vadim Offline

There is hope in Roland Arranger keyboards .Roland VA 76/VA 7 has sequencer edit that you can insert different time signatures between parts which you want.But if you want to play it live its good too Roland Arranger keyboars like G-1000/em-2000 VA 7/76 have a button called "tempo reset" when you press it the style goes to beat 1 (and keeps on playing)that button was originaly disigned for if you sing and get alittle off beat you press the button and it goes to beat 1.I had a problem with different time signatures until igot VA76.

[This message has been edited by Vadim (edited 08-10-2003).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online